First Day of School | Teen Ink

First Day of School

December 10, 2019
By vlozin192 SILVER, Sacramento, California
vlozin192 SILVER, Sacramento, California
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Alexia’s Diary

6:28, two minutes till the alarm goes off for me to wake up for school. I peek one eye to look at my phone and, of course, I’ll go back to sleep for those two minutes. Everyone does that, right? Anyways, my name is Alexia and today is my first day of school. Not exciting but at least I get to see my best friend, Jaden. 6:30, the alarm goes off and I try to slug myself out of bed but, I don't want to. No one likes school so I decided to take a five -minute nap.

“Alexia!”, mom said. It was 7:43 and It’s almost time for school to start. I still being asleep her steps were getting louder and were hammering the ground. She was furious and once I heard those steps I jumped straight out of bed.

“ Why are you still in bed!” her mom said

“ I'm out of bed though… but uh oops.” as Alexia laughs nervously. I am dead to her and I am in trouble BIG time. “ Come on hurry up and get ready for school, I can't believe you! Late on the first day of school! Wait till your dad hears about this,” as my mom walks downstairs furiously.

After school 3:02 p.m

Oh great. Honestly, I should've just woke up and got ready. Instead, I slept for more than five minutes. I am mad as well, but it's funny how everyone gets scared when they hear their mom's footsteps. I got ready within um.... 1 hour and I was two hours late for school. My mom was angry and I can't help but laugh. I got to school and everything was going great and I saw my best friend Jaden. I missed him and It was great getting to see him. Anyways, when I got home my dad was home and well, he looked mad. 

 

“ I'm sorry that I wanted to sleep for five more minutes!” I said.

“I'm not going to lie but...I did the same as well when I was the same age as you” Dad laughs. 

“Oh! Haha! ‘ Well I'm glad you ́re on the same page as me, dad”, I said

“I ́m still mad at you,” he said. 

“Oh..”, I frowned.

In bed 10:16 pm

I think I had a good laugh this morning with all the catastrophe with my mom. I still wonder if they are still mad or not. Hopefully, I won't make this mistake again. Anyways, I'm going to bed and I'll be avoiding my homework tomorrow haha (evil laugh).