Moonlit Wolves | Teen Ink

Moonlit Wolves

By WolfGurl PLATINUM, Not A Real Place, Indiana
WolfGurl PLATINUM, Not A Real Place, Indiana

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. –Anatole France.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. –Josh Billings

Men are from Earth, women are from Earth. Deal with it.- George Carlin

A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people. —Franklin D. Roosevelt

Never lose. Either win, or learn. - Me

Misty Night whined, crouching at the edge of a river. Opposite her, on the other bank of the river, stood a white-grey mottled male. Frost, for that was his name, or at least that is what we will call him, howled softly. It was a sweet, low song of regret, of wish, of things that could be, but weren’t. A goodbye.

Misty gazed at Frost, eyes sad. A tiny noise behind her, Misty pricked her ears, alert, realized it was the sound of rustling bracken, swishing grasses, of approaching wolves.

Eyes wide, whites showing. Frost could smell the thick, sickly smell of fear even across the rushing water, across the smells of rabbit, of elk, of spring. Misty, the dark she-wolf, scrambled backward, turned, and ran.

Frost stood tall, proud. Out of the brush came the swarm of snarling wolves, opposite Frost. His eyes hardened, he let out an authoritative call, a deep howl. Do not cross, its tone said. 

The wolves could tell Misty was gone. They growled in frustration, glared across the river at Frost, then turned and were gone.

Frost stayed there for a while, and then he too disappeared. 

No wolf clings to what they can’t have. 

I love wolves SO much. This was inspired as I played WolfQuest, a beautiful, realistic PC game revolving around the life of a Yellowstone National Park wolf. 

When creating a wolf, you can create a bio for them, where you may create a story revolving around your wolf, a list of facts or information about your wolf, or even who their parents were, where they were born, etc. 

I decided I wanted to name my wolf Misty Night, and that's how this story came to be. I began writing it, but only two paragraphs are allowed on WolfQuest. I loved the idea so much, I decided to first copy it down on docs, finish it, edit it, and now post it on here. I hope you find it an engaging story. Thank you for reading, and comments are appreciated.

(If you're interested, search WolfQuest. A wonderful game, any nature or wolf lover will enjoy.)

Crazywolfiegirl2 PLATINUM, Kington, Other

When people first meet me, they think I'm really shy, but by the time they get to know me they wonder how the illusion of shyness ever came around!

Oh my gosh I love this! I really love wolves as well, sounds like a great game. Maybe I'll check it out, but thanks for this story!

SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands
That glisten in dim candle play." -Janice T., Clockwork[love that poem, dont know why, im not steampunk]

thx, i had plots for 4 seasons planned. i only got 3 quarters thru the second. otherwise she and galaxy would kill their dad(not before he killed galaxy), then she would turn dark because she lost everything and now her sister, then she would reform and die.

Never lose. Either win, or learn. - Me

Ooh, cool storyline!

SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands

i was writing a series called interwoven wolves about a girl called echo in a society of wolf walkers(werewolves that can turn into wolves at will, basically, the there's more to it and they arent evil). the secondary character was a wolfwalker named frost(she was echos best friend. but not really anymore.). i kinda resented her, but mostly just bc of how much echo hated her. and I couldn't kill her! i loved galaxy(lionwalker) though. echo hated her, but only bc of a misunderstanding. also, they were sisters. i knew that, but echo didnt.