Black Nail Polish | Teen Ink

Black Nail Polish

By booksarelife4me SILVER, Lutherville, Maryland
booksarelife4me SILVER, Lutherville, Maryland

"Forgive and Forget and Never Regret."~A old friend

I started picking, picking, picking at that black nail polish. I was trying to drown out his voice. The words ran together in one loud hum. I knew he was yelling. That was all he ever did.

His pinch slapped me back into reality, “Are you listening to me girl?!?” I didn't answer and went back to scratching off the nail polish. “Maz! Look at me! I'm talking to you girl. I'm talking. Can't you hear anything you mental case.” I closed my eyes and stuck my fingers in my ears. I just needed to drown out those words.

He shook me, “Mazarella! Honey just look at me! Show me some sign you aren't going to turn out just like her!” Her being my mother. I kept playing with my fingers. “That's it! You're going to New Hampshire! You're going to live with your aunt!” That snapped me away. “No Dad! No! I can't leave mom! She needs me!” Dad pulled me off the ground. “No no no no no! Please please please,” I sobbed, “We need each other and ever since you took that actor job and left us she's been a wreck. Where will she go Dad Where?” “She's going to a hospital and there are gonna be some people there that will help her.” “You mean you're gonna take her to a mental hospital to talk to some shrink!” “Yes, honey, yes. It's for the best. It's what she needs.” “No! You don't know what she needs. You haven't been here to see!” Dad sighed heavily, “I'll be back to pick her and you up tomorrow. Love you sweetie.” I backed away from his kiss and karate chopped him. He looked at me his eyes heavy, “Please act your age.” This time I karate chopped him 3 times fast and Dad just walked quickly out.

I bolted the door and ran to her room. She lay there like always not talking, not moving, her eyes closed. I shook her. “Mom we have to go! Remember how you told me to always protect you! To never let him take you away! Well mom he's coming! We have to go. Mom? Mom? Mom?” She lay there pale and beautiful not talking. Mom's lips moved but nothing came up. I tried to pull her off the bed but she was too limp. I fell onto the floor, “MOM! WAKE UP AND SAVE ME!” She never moved a muscle and I lay there sobbing.

This is part of a story I'm writing. It might be the begining or the middle.

Thanks!! It makes me super happy when people comment =D Acctualy she's not dead...I've written a bunch more for this story and I have her kinda out of it for this story...Although I'm kinda displeased with the direction the story took and this is the part I like the best...the beginning lol...So yeah. All that to answer a question. Oh well. Thanks for commenting!!!

KaylaAnne GOLD said...
KaylaAnne GOLD, North Platte, Nebraska
This is very good! I have to know though ... is the mother dead? I guessed that at the end but I really want a confirmation PLEASE!!!! Very good story...

Thanks so much!!!!!!!

EternalMadness GOLD, Fresno, California

They say it's what you make
I say it's up to fate
It's woven in my soul
I need to let you go
Your eyes, they shine so bright
I want to save their light
I can't escape this now
Unless you show me how
When you feel my heat
Look into my eyes
It’s where my demons hide

I wanna read more too! lol all i want with my writing is to have the IT factor, it being people wanting more... you got that!

Thanks bff! You're a good boy =P

Andrew said...
I've believe you've showed me this before, but it's still very captivating anyway. Gets my interest. =P

alright your wish in my command! *goes to post more story on here *

cheyenneduhon PLATINUM, Lumberton, Texas
thats exactly how i felt when u commented on my writing!!!! i want more of this story...i think this could make a good begining!!!!

YES!!! Someone likes it!!!! *jumps up and down * thanks!!!

MORE MORE MORE!!!!! I BEG PLZ MORE!!!!!!