Yellow Lines | Teen Ink

Yellow Lines

By Bliss SILVER, Poland, Ohio
Bliss SILVER, Poland, Ohio

A girl once told me, the yellow lines in the middle of the road were to keep you from going to a different world. I doubted her. But I wonder if it’s true: The best reason I ever heard for a superstitious child on why not to cross the lines. So I was driving back home that day. I couldn’t help but stare at the yellow lines, at every red light I came to. And I decided, thinking about what that girl said, to cross them. Cross those 2in thick lines. So I did. So-far I wasn’t being transported-anywhere, but an inch away from where I was a second ago. I took some deep breaths and tried to feel something, yet nothing happened. Until, I reached a hill to come over. Then it was a thrill, being on the wrong side of the road at mid-7oclock. I saw lights, bright lemon-yellow ones. The lights came flying over the hill and straight for me. Then I was transported to a different world. A distant one, that didn’t really have a ground. A distant place called heaven. I guess the girl was right. The yellow lines in the middle of the road are keeping you from going to a different world. I just wish I could have told her she was right.

evie428 BRONZE said...
evie428 BRONZE, Ontario, Other

"Writing a novel is not merely going on a shopping expedition across the border to an unreal land: it is hours and years spent in the factories, the streets, the cathedrals of the imagination."

Haha this is great! I would have never thought up something like this! Your moral is so true! :D

Bliss SILVER said...
Bliss SILVER, Poland, Ohio
why thank you! haha We were going on a road trip in Virginia. And my dad drives on the middle, yellow line. so i was always looking down out the window to see if hed cross it accidentally

G.M.Palacio SILVER, Bayamon, Other

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decide to see beyond the imperfections.

Really great! That little girl is so right. I find it pure genius. What inspired you?