The accident | Teen Ink

The accident

November 24, 2009
By kaitlyn1 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
kaitlyn1 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I have never been scared and in such dupress in my life till the morning of September 29th at 3 o’clock in the morning. I could feel the sweat dripping down my face and I could hear my heart beet. Beep..Beep….beep! The thumping kept getting louder and louder that I thought my mom could hear it. My family was over standing in the kitchen while I was sitting on the couch trying to figure out how someone could do this to my family.
The night before I was out with my three friends and a movie. My friends and I were laughing the night away and throwing popcorn at the people in front of us. My one friend dropped me off first at 1 in the morning. I had a curfew, of course, what 17 year old didn’t? My mom told me to be home at midnight but I didn’t listen. I feel asleep a half hour after and no one was up in my household that it almost felt inane.

I woke up at a half hour later and heard a rampant thumping noise that was coming from the kitchen. I walked slowly from my room, which was on top of the stairs to the right and walked down the stairs. I walked into the kitchen and found flagrant mark on the table. “I didn’t recognize this before when I was making myself a sandwich this morning at one this morning,” I thought. I didn’t think I was possible to have a culprit around my town because not one person’s house got broken into in 6 years!

I didn’t take any care into this situation and went up to bed. Again, I woke up to my mom in the morning at 6 screaming and crying downstairs. I ran downstairs was I found my dad and her. They told me that we have been robbed and the cops were on their way over. Her wallet was gone with our laptop. My mom told me that she didn’t want me to inexorable anything because it can help the police find the culprit.

I tried to understand my mom when she told me that people didn’t know their ethics and people don’t think before they do something. I was concurring with her on this opinion. The police came at 7 in the morning and put yellow caution tape all over our front yard to keep the site clandestine. My mom found out and confronted me about being home late and she admonished me that I will get grounded next time.

It has been a year since that accident happened and I still don’t know why someone would rob us. There have been increases in robbers that have come around to our town that have broken into our neighbors house’s. No one will understand why people do it, only the criminals do. Culprits’ get away and others get caught. Ours got away but soon he/she will get caught for doing it again.