Polluter woman | Teen Ink

Polluter woman

By GreenDayFan SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona
GreenDayFan SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona

"Every story has an end, but in life, every ending is just a new beginning."
-Uptown Girls

Ever since I was a little fairy I haven’t always got along with the others just because I cared. Everyday while the fairies would be playing I would be cleaning up trash off the ground. I have no idea why I clean everyday non stop but it seems that it is my power. The fairy queen said that once we had found our talent we would earn our powers. I am not sure if I have found my talent yet but I know I am close to finding what my talent truly is. To find my talent I will do a series of tests and see if I could find my true talent. So I started with working in the kitchen but in the ending it wasn’t too good. Then I tried to coach new born fairies on how to fly but it turned out to be a failure attempt. That night I thought and thought, and just to be safe I thought some more but nothing worked and I just couldn’t put my hands on it. By the morning I had finally figured out what my talent was. It was to clean up trash to save animals from becoming extinct. All of a sudden a flash of green light had over come my body. It was a miracle that I,
Ms. Tinkle Finklton, got her powers first out of a million of fairies. It was true I did have powers; it was true that I am not the only fairy without powers.

That evening I tried out my powers by focusing on a piece of trash with my eyes but nothing had happened. So I tried with my hands and that had seemed to work. When I did that a beam of green light shot out towards a piece of trash and it had evaporated. I grinned and then continued to shoot out beams here and there. Soon my job was done for the day. After I finished my job there wasn’t a single piece of trash in sight. The next day I went out where I had last done my job to see if there were anymore pieces of trash that I had missed. When I got there I was shocked. There was trash everywhere I looked. All I could do at that moment was open my mouth wide in amazement. After a few minutes had past I got to work. When I was done I felt so drained out that I felt I have been doing this for years even though it had only been a few days.

I kept cleaning in that one place everyday because of humans and other fairies. When I was done with my job at the end of the day I had thought that the other fairies had gone too far. That evening I marched to where everyone had laid down to rest. I yelled out “ARE YOU FAIRIES NUTS!!” one yelled out “I DON’T KNOW? YOU TELL US.” I gave everyone an angry stare and said in confidence “You fairies have gone too far with being lazy and what I mean by that is that you fairies don’t pick after yourselves.” Another called out “So what if we don’t clean after ourselves. Why does it matter if we do or not?” I answered “Well if you don’t clean after yourselves you all will die and I doubt you want that to happen.” All of the fairies jumped up and yelled out “NO THAT CAN’T HAPPEN. HOW CAN WE STOP IT.” I replied “You can all stop extinction from happening by simply throwing a piece of trash in the garbage bin.” Everyone started to mutter in hushed tones to one another. Then they went back to sleep.

The next morning I went to do my regular job at the same place as always but when I got there, there was no trash, not one piece. I went out to the middle of the field and look around for other fairies but they were no where to be seen. Until one had came out to say “We had picked up after ourselves just like you asked.” I smiled “Aww that is so sweet but you guys know this is my job to do what I do.” They all yelled “WE KNOW WE JUST DON’T WANT FAIRES TO GO EXTINCT.” I had started to cry with happiness and joy. “You guys are too sweet.” After that surprise everyday there would be no trash in site anymore. I wouldn’t have to ask for a fairy to clean after themselves ever again. Not once did I have to beg someone to clean some trash because before I could ask they would have already started to clean it anyways. That made my job a lot easier.

This story was inspired to those who help our community. Those who started or joined corprosations to save animals/the earth and etc....