" Give me some sunshine" and the loser and the pink pills | Teen Ink

" Give me some sunshine" and the loser and the pink pills

By Kayira1991 GOLD, Dhaka, Other
Kayira1991 GOLD, Dhaka, Other

I have miles to go before I sleep
If there is a will, there is a way
Nothing is impossible

" Loser," a woman said.
" Loser," a man said.
"Loser,".............. I kept hearing different kinds of voices in my mind. They were calling me loser.

" No,no,please!". I pleaded, but the voices did not show mercy on me. I cried, cursed, called them names, but to no avail.

" What to do?" I wondered. Then the idea hit me. Yeah, it was time for me to escape for me to run away from this living hell, to escape the wrath of abusive mum. Once she comes back from shopping, she wouldn't spare me.
She hated me all the time.

I took a look at my saved money. Only 1560 tk. Only. But enough to run away. I packed my bag, and left the house. I went to a park faraway from mum's house. A place notorious and famous, for selling drugs. I sat on a bench and closed my eyes. I sang " Give me some sunshine, give me some rain, give me another chance once again."

" Would you like to taste them, sister?" a boy around 10 year old asked. I looked at him. He was trying to sell me the pink pills. What are those? I wondered. I bought 10 and paid him 500 Tk. I swallowed one by one. After a while, I started feeling sleepy. So I started singing again, " Give me some sunshine..........". All my pains disappeared. Ah! The magic of drugs!

The song lyrics are taken from the bollywood movie " Three Idiots".