The Lonely Bird ~prolouge and chapter one~ | Teen Ink

The Lonely Bird ~prolouge and chapter one~

April 2, 2010
By AlexxxX GOLD, Wichita, Kansas
AlexxxX GOLD, Wichita, Kansas
18 articles 0 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
\"A wise man makes more oppatunities then he finds\"


Prologue


I had the perfect life, perfect grades, the perfect family, popularity, the perfect friends and of course the best boyfriend in the world. I had fallen in love with my boyfriend and nothing could pull me out of that. I had fallen and fallen and hadn’t stopped to I had crashed. But one night changed everything about my life.



Chapter 1


It was the last couple of weeks of summer break. I was excited about starting my junior year. This year was going to be perfect I finally had a great boyfriend and great friends, and best of all no more sophomore drama. I walked over to my vanity, I had to get ready for Anna’s party, it was a last summer blast and anybody who is anybody was going to be there. Anna was my best friend, she had been my best friend since our first day of kindergarten when we both became the “popular” girls because we both had a sixty-four pack of crayons. I looked in the mirror picked up my brush and started brushing my long brown hair. Then I plugged in my hair curler and started doing my make up. I decided on a sparkly pink eye shadow and applied it carefully applied it. After that I put on my blush, eyeliner, mascara, and my favorite shimmer petty pink lip gloss. Then I walked over to my closet to find the perfect outfit, I ended up wearing a strapless simple long black top with a simple light wash pair of shorts that were short but not too short. Then I had to find the perfect pair of shoes which were a closed toe hot pink with a beige wedge about 5 inches high. I walked back over to my vanity sat down, checked the curling iron and started to curl my hair and big 1 inch curls.

After I finished my curls I put A bobby pin in my hair and walked downstairs. “Bye mom!” I shouted and walked outside and got in my car. I drove down the street to my other best friend Abby’s house to pick her up. I drove up her drive way and honked my horn. She came running out in her hot pink open back halter and light wash small flair jeans. She got in and buckled her seat belt.
“I am so glad to get out of the house” she said as soon as I started driving.

“I know what you mean, my mom has been going al crazy neat freak on me lately. And my sisters and brother never leave me alone, they try and live through me, they need to go and get their own life.” I said

“I know Sophie has like started following me around like everywhere I go and my mom makes me take her with me wherever I go, it’s not fair”

“I completely agree” I turned on my radio to my favorite station 76.3 and the song “Blah Blah Blah” by Ke$ha was on. Abby and I started singing along.












*



We got to the part and we were the first ones there because it was only like 5;30, we came early so we could help set up. Abby and I got out of the car and walked up to the door and knocked. Anna opened the door

“Sarah!” she said and hugged me

“Oh that’s fine ignore me” Abby said jokingly.

“Oh well of course my favorite dumb blonde gets a hug” Anna hugged Abby and then invited us in.

We helped her get everything ready for the party because everything had to be perfect. Of course joking and messing around. Just after we finished everything the first guests began to arrive.












*

After about three about a half hour the party was going strong there were lots of guest loud music and great snacks. I was dancing with my friends and everything was going great this night was perfect and it was just the beginning.

I was in the kitchen getting a snack when my boyfriend Luke came up behind me and wrapped his hands around my waist and kissed my the side of my head. We had been going out for about a year and a half now and he was such a wonderful boyfriend and I loved him so much. He kissed me again and spun me around to face him.

He kissed me on the lips and said “this party is great, are you having fun?”

“Yes but now its ten times as fun now that you’re here.” I kissed him back.

“Well I’m glad I’m that entertaining.”

I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him again. “Want to dance with me?”

“Of course I would” he dragged me back into the living room and we started dancing. Ws danced for about an hour and then we went to sit on the couch. He kissed me and I kissed him and before long we were making out, I felt his tongue in my mouth and I could feel my tongue in his mouth. We did this for a while and then before I knew it I was being pulled up the stairs by my wrist up to Anna’s room.

He sat me on his bed and kissed me again. “I love you Sarah.” he kissed me again. “I want to be with you, as close as any human being can be.” he kissed me again. Then he gently pushed back and kissed me again. “We don’t have to do anything you don’t want to.” he kissed again. He held my hands in “I want to have sex with you.” He looked at me with such loving almost pleading eyes.

“Right now?” I asked breathless.

“Yes right now, but if you don’t want to then we don’t have to.” He kissed me again.

My heart started beating 1000 times a minute. I laid there for about a three minutes then I said “I want to. I just don’t know if I’m ready”

“Ok we don’t have to” he said and loosened his grip on my hands.

“NO!” I said it a little louder than I meant to. But I knew I wanted to and that would be a rare chance for it. “I want to.”

“Are you sure?” he kissed my forehead “I would never make you do anything you didn’t want to.”

“I know that and I’m sure this is what I want.” I sat up and kissed him, “I’m ready.” I scooted to the center of the bed and sat there. Luke took off his shirt, then he climbed on the bed and put his legs around mine, then he pulled my shirt off. Then he took off his pants and then mine. After that he pushed me onto the bed and started kissing me I could feel his body touching mine, we were closer than I had ever been to anyone before. I don’t remember much about the first time but I do remember how amazing it felt.














*

After the Party Abby and I drove back to my house where she was going to spend the night. As we drove we talked about how much fun we had at the party. We finally drove up my driveway and pulled into the three car garage. I parked the car and we got out and walked into the kitchen. My mom and 7 year old sisters Aaliyah and Aaralyn (My mom was going through an exotic name phase when they were born).

The second we walked the scent of chocolate chip cookies filled out nostrils. I walked in and sat on the counter, Abby sat next to me, and grabbed a bag of potato chips that were sitting on the counter and started eating them. I reached over and took a handful.

“How was the party?” My mom asked when she noticed we had walked in.

“It was awesome.” I answered her.

“Yeah, Of course you would think so, you were with Luke the entire time.” Abby said with her mouth filled with potato chips.

“Shut up” I told her and hit her in the stomach, she spit out some crumbs.

“Hey, that’s not nice” she said and giggled a little.

“Well I’m glad you two had fun.” My mom said and took the bag of chips out of Abby’s hand and put them away. “Oh, I need you two to babysit tomorrow because I have to go to work to finish the case I have been working on.” (My mom is a workaholic lawyer, which is actually kind of considering the fact she had five kids.)

“Why can’t Jamie do it?”(Jamie is my 18 year old sister, she is about to start her freshmen year in college studying to be a doctor, she still lives at home, such a nerd.)

“Because your sister has a lot of stuff to get done before she starts school.”

“Fine we’ll do it. But are we getting paid?”

“Yes, I’ll pay you each twenty dollars.” (One of the advantages to having a lawyer as a mother was she usually has a lot of money.)

“Ok.” I said and jumped off the counter and went to the cabinet grabbed the bag of chips again and handed them to Abby, and then went to the fridge and grabbed some “Pepsis” and walked up the stairs with Abby at my heals. When we got upstairs we walked into my perfectly clean room (I am a total OCD clean freak), grabbed the radio remote and sat on the bed with Abby. I turned the radio on and it was already on our favorite station 76.3. “Bad Romance” was playing by lady gaga.

“So what were you doing with Luke the whole time?” Abby asked me as she grabbed a handful of chips.

“Can I tell you a secret that you can’t tell anyone?” (I didn’t want her telling anyone because then I might be considered the sl**ty cheer captain stereo type.)

“Well duh I’m your best friend, I won’t tell anyone, I swear on my favorite pink bikini.” She told me and I knew she wasn’t ling because she would never do anything to “hurt” her pink bikini.

“We…” I trailed off and then took my shoe off my foot threw it at the door and yelled “Ryan go away!” (my little fifteen year old brother was spying at the door.)

He walked in and said “Oh come on this is just getting juicy.”

“GET OUT!” I yelled and took my other shoe and threw at him but he had fleed my room as soon as he realized what was about to happened so my shoe just hit the door and fell to the ground.

“So? What did you and Luke do the whole time?” Abby asked again as I waslked over and picked up my shoes and checked to make sure Ryan had gone, I stuck my shoes in the closet and walked back over to the bed.

“Well we….” I quieted my voice to a whisper. “Kind of…” I paused for a second. “…Hooked up” I finished, there was a quiet, almost awkward pause.

“OMG!” she finally said.

“Shhhhh!” I was quick to shush her because I especially didn’t want o my parents to know.

She dropped her voice to a whisper. “So you two had…sex”? She asked pausing before she finished her sentence.

“Yes, but remember you can’t anyone” I said

“Don’t worry I wont. What was it like. How big is he?” Questions just started pouring out of her.

“Shhhhh! Calm down.” I told her.

“OMG! You have to tell me everything.”

“It was amazing; it felt like, so indescribable. It was the most amazing, intimate feeling in the world.”

“That’s all? Didn’t it sting? A lot of people say it stings your first time.”

“It did a little bit but not really.”

“That’s awesome… were you two protected?”

“Well duh...well I think we were… actually I’m not sure.”

“You don’t know if you were protected!?” Abby said stunned

“Well I don’t know the difference.”

“Well I hope you don’t get pregnant or worse; and STD” Abby said.

“Don’t worry I wont.”

“That’s what they all say.”

“Shut Up! I said giggling. “Lets go to sleep I’m exhausted.”

“Ok.”

“Good night” we both said.












*


The author's comments:
This is the first part of the story I am writing. What do you think? do you have any advise?