Golden Speck | Teen Ink

Golden Speck

By PuzzleLuver SILVER, Powell, Ohio
PuzzleLuver SILVER, Powell, Ohio

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but have eternal life" John 3:16

Everything rattled to a blur. My body quaked and I was on the ground in an instant. Nothing could have withstood the blunt force of the explosion we were in the middle of. We!!! Justin where was Justin? I hadn’t heard him scream loudly at the sound of the blast, like I had. Nor, had I seen him fall to the ground. Where was he? I needed my older brother.

I lifted my hand slowly to my face. I brushed lightly with my fingers over my lips to my nose, then forehead, and over my right cheek. Pain seared as I touched it. I pulled away my hand which now had blood. I scan my body quickly to see the other issues. I slowly push up to my feet. I turn to my left and there Justin was bloody and hunched over.

My mighty brother was slumped at my feet non-moving. I hold back a scream of fright and squat down to get a closer look.

“Justin?” I whispered.

No answer.

“Justin!” I shook him to try and wake him up.
Then I noticed no pulse from his heart, no breath escaped his lips, Justin was dead. I crumbled into his lifeless arms and cry.
A creak springs me awake. The guy who did this was still here. The man who had killed my brother was nearby. I wanted to scream and hide at the same time. But, there I laid, frozen in horror. A man, the man who did it, stood at the end of the alleyway. He looked normal, but I needed something to remember him by, something that only he had. As I was about to give up he turned his face towards me, probably to make sure no one saw him, but it was his mistake, and in his right eye I see a golden speck. He looks around and around until he is sure there are no witnesses, I hold my breath. He finally turns and hurries away.
I slowly lift my body off of Justin’s. I look at him.
“Justin, this is your sister Bobbie,” I say, “I’m gonna make this right.”

I am making this into a full length story if you want me to write more please comment.