Don't Wanna Fight | Teen Ink

Don't Wanna Fight

July 11, 2010
By Wit_and_Envy PLATINUM, Salem, Oregon
Wit_and_Envy PLATINUM, Salem, Oregon
21 articles 0 photos 5 comments

I hated fighting with her. Over and over again I brought it up. Each time I did she logged off, walked away or shut down. This time was different. I did not let her walk away or shut down.

"Em, Emily, listen to me!" She tried to turn away. I grabbed her arm and turned her back to me. "You have to stop doing it! You'll kill yourself Emily!" I was screaming. But the words came out pleading.

Em tensed and her right hand became a fist.

Good, I thought.

Her hands drove into her pockets. I nearly cried at the sight of the brutal slashes on her arms.

"You did it." The words were whispered from her lips.

"I've been clean for over a year Em. Remember why?" I was bitterly speaking, not looking at her.

I could remember. My slashes were too deep and right on the vein. My screams were heard by the neighbors. Fifteen minutes later, the doctors came and tried to bring to me back to life.

"I will take that chance." Em's voice ended the fight.

She left and deep down I knew it would be the last words we would ever say to each other.