Something Creepy | Teen Ink

Something Creepy

By soppie626 SILVER, Oshawa, Other
soppie626 SILVER, Oshawa, Other

Never use while sleeping ~Instructions on Conair hair dryer

You’re sitting in your favourite old chair in front of the old idiot box. Your parents are out because they have randomly decided that they need to go out on a date. Its okay, I thought that ended once you got married to. I mean you don’t need to get to know each other anymore really; you’re already stuck with the person for life. So you tell them this, your mother decides to have a nice little talk about grownups needing alone time with each other. I really could end it here, but let’s keep going. So once you finally get them out the door you turn the T.V. on for something nice and unapproved by parents. You’re just settling in when you hear a crack followed by a close boom. Great, a storm, and its close. You reach for the remote, maybe this little rated R horror film is about to get a little to horrific. Just as your finger slides to the channel button the lights flicker and falter. Your breath stops. Please no, please don’t. And then it happens, there’s a small beep and you’re bathed in darkness. Alone. Why? There are more cracks and booms outside and you huddle deep, down into the chair. Your soft blanket starts to feel more like a sheet of armour. You feel safer under it for some unexplainable reason. You feel like a four year old even inside your 16 year old, ready and responsible, ya-sure-home-alone-is-no-problem body. Soon though the lights come on and your feeling of security lulls you to sleep in front of something parentally approved. You wake up to the sound of your parents getting home late. You groggily say, “I waited for you.” before falling quickly back asleep.

It was for a contest about something you find creepy. I wrote it before i realised I wasnt able to enter

NeverCaredForKool-Aid GOLD, Elkridge, Maryland

I don't believe in hell but I believe in my parent's couch-- Watsky

Thanks! a million!

soppie626 said...

Its sorta happened to me. Im not really a horror movie person, more of a horror book person. Leaves more to the imagination.

Anyway thanks :P I'll try to look at yours in the next week if I can get a chance.

Oh, my gish has this happened to you?  Something like this happened to me.  I was watching the Shining and the power went out.  Worst nightneres ever that night!  But for the scare, it was soooo worth it. 

Anway, this was pretty cool.  The ending was kind of funny, and I liked the story line :)  And so, true- this is what everyone does when thier parents go out on a 'date.'  RATED-R MOVIE MARATHON!!!  Great story, 5 stars.

Can you check out my story, 'Enocunter'?