Can you hide it? | Teen Ink

Can you hide it?

September 21, 2010
By AshleyNicole1995 GOLD, Queen City, Texas
AshleyNicole1995 GOLD, Queen City, Texas
11 articles 3 photos 25 comments

Favorite Quote:
Whatever is lovely...think about such things.-Philippians 4:8


You see the words enter, You immediately know that you have to prepare yourself to be walking around in what seems to be a battle field, You keep your head down and try to be calm, But your face stings with heat, And your hands start to shake, You can't really hide it, You feel like your heart is going to beat right out of your chest, But you still try to fight it, A stranger's questions could make you all but faint, And anybody you knew you'd avoid at all cost, Your palms together, Wringing your wrists, Wondering what somebody will notice notice and judge you on, When minutes came to hours you were finally to the Exit, Relive rushes over you in a way you can't explain, You feel the oxygen come back into your lungs like a ballon pumped with helium, Your face returns to the pale fairish complexion you have, The shakiness of your hands start to subside, And your heart starts to slow down back to it's normal rate, Your outside in the open, You take a deep breath and sigh, Wondering why does this happen to me, You get into the car and buckle up, The music on the radio helps you forget, You leave out of the Wal-mart parking lot, Can you hide it?, You just had a Panic Attack.


The author's comments:
I wrote this about what I go through everyday. I have a disease called Social Phobia. And it limits me to talk to anyone and do alot of anything. Wal-mart as you can see, it scares me to go. And being around a big group of people is impossible. I want to people to understand this and the people that have this to be able to relate to me. God Bless Ashley