In the Life of My Pet | Teen Ink

In the Life of My Pet

October 3, 2010
By redz14 SILVER, Bridgeton, New Jersey
redz14 SILVER, Bridgeton, New Jersey
7 articles 0 photos 21 comments

Stupid dog. How can he just sit there on that brand new leather sofa and be happy with himself. If you look closely, you can see all the drool in a puddle on the sofa underneath his long tounge. It is so aggrevating that he gets yelled at every time but he still decides to sit there and drool all over again. I could just claw at his short-haired body.

Gracefully, jump off the table and walk towards the wood chair. What if I could make him in more trouble! I could get his attention and have him chase me all over the house. Then, when the humans catch him, he will be in the deepest kind of trouble. Sitting on the chair I lick my paw proud of myself that I came up with such a creative daring plan.

I see the pool table only a couple outstreched steps away and decide that is where I will make my move. I jump off the chair and head towards the pool table. Taking a tricky jump from the ground to the high level, I land successfully. One last glance at that slobbering fool before my stunt and I am good. Good, just as he was before, panting like a consistant heart beat.

Here I go! I meow especially loud and I catch the dog's attention. His eyes dart at me and he growls. I start to prance across the plastic covered table. Then, before his attention starts to slip away, I run. Gliding side to side across the table and the dog leaps off the sofa. He starts to bark madly, and starts to chase after. I fly off the pool table and onto the cold tile flooring. Hurridly, I run away. Every now and then look back at my victim. Approching the steps I skip a few, but he has to take every single one. Speeding beyong my potential, I head for the kitchen. Uh oh, I hear a couple barks up ahead. When I get there four other dogs stand before me, all ready to get some. Scared out of my fur I gulp and turn away. Now, on my tail I have five stubborn raving dogs. What have I done!

The living room would be a perfect room to escape to. I dash towards there to get away. Dodging food bowls, water bowls, and the random dog toys on the way. In the living room I jump onto a stool then jump again onto the piano, out of the dogs reach. Apparently, one of the humans left it open, because when I run across music plays. Oh, it sounds nothing like Mary Had A Little Lamb.

Suddenly unexpected, I find myself lifted up into the air off the piano. The five awful animals stop barking and chasing. When I see who is the holder of me I am thankful but not happy.

"Hello kitty! You pretty pretty kitty!" says a small ignorant child. I just roll my eyes and purr. Stupid human.


The author's comments:
I wrote the original in English class. But, I edited to be a little better. I also wnt of the original by memory since i didn't have it on me. Though, I am super close.