The Break-Up Note | Teen Ink

The Break-Up Note

May 23, 2011
By ScubaDiver GOLD, Billingham, Other
ScubaDiver GOLD, Billingham, Other
13 articles 0 photos 17 comments

Favorite Quote:
When Life gives you a hundred reasons to cry show life you have a thousand reasons to smile
Work Like you dont need the money love like you've never been hurt dance like theres no one in the room
You have enemies, good, that means you've fought for


I clench at the cold stone wall behind me. This was it, this was the end. The wind teases me as it waits for me to jump.
I hear yells coming from the town square below. I pull the note out of my pocket once more.


I'm sorry that I can't say this to your face, but you are going nowhere and dragging me with you. One day you'll get off you treadmill and actually get from A to B, but I can't wait until then. I'm sorry.


Rage filled me up once more. I didn't understand what he was talking about with the treadmill. It was some stupid metaphor. My sight had gone red and I started to step off the building.
The yelling got louder. My foot just dangled there. I slowly released my grip of the wall. The wind seemed to blow harder as if it wanted me to jump.
I suddenly felt a strange sensation. My eyes started to look down without my permission. I tried to drag them back up but they had locked onto one face.

It was him...

He was yelling up at me. He was crying. My face bust out into a smile and I reached for him with a hand.
I had lost my balance. I began to fall. I closed my eyes and screamed. His face was still in my mind. Why did this happen?