Just another amazing day | Teen Ink

Just another amazing day

By GoldenPencil BRONZE, Jeddah, Other
GoldenPencil BRONZE, Jeddah, Other

sometimes the greatest journey is the distance between two people

I stay up every night to watch the sun rise. It is the most extraordinarily magnificent thing you could possibly witness. In the stillness of the night, the deep purple night sky, full of mystery gradually transforms into shades of indigo; so calming, so wonderful, getting lighter by the second. There can’t be a soul with a heart who could help but gaze into it. At one side the sun is mounting elegantly; yet on the other, the world is still asleep, engulfed in a blanket of darkness. Just when you think it can’t get better, pretty little pigeons start soaring high above your head. The only sounds are those of their sweet tweeting and random flapping of wings. Even in the midst of weather worn buildings out of which rusty air conditioners stick out, it was perfect.
Each new morning brings a new, fresh start with it; a new day when you can be a better person, have a whole new beginning.
Yesterday is gone forever, tomorrow is yet to be discovered. That is why; one must make the best of his present; that’s all you have now.
The moment you realise that, your life will be perfect.

I actually wrote this at dawn. This time of day really inspires me for some reason. I actually witnessed a BEAUTIFUL sunrise once when I was very little. It has always had an impact on me.