Underneath | Teen Ink

Underneath

By InOneEar SILVER, Bronx, New York
InOneEar SILVER, Bronx, New York

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because Reality is finally better than your dreams."~Dr. Suess

As Logan wakes up she instinctively touches the scars she’s made last to make sure they’re still there. This having been her habit for weeks now she’s not quite how to stop. She knows what she does is wrong but knows it’s the only thing that helps. Logan does try to stop, really she does; makes her scars only sporadically, when there really isn’t anything else to soothe the pain.
It’s funny though, she lives a seemingly great life. She has a good family, great friends, a loving boyfriend and goes to a great school. What could possibly be wrong; only the superficial problems of being a teenager. Logan struggles with her weight but no one seems to understand her. They say she looks great, say it’s only because she’s tall; she’ll grow out of it. What they don’t understand is that that’s not what she wants to hear. She wants someone to help her with her problem, whether they believe in it or not. But that doesn’t happen. So she takes care of the problem herself.

toshi009 said...

its dank!!!