Werewolf Woes | Teen Ink

Werewolf Woes

November 16, 2011
By schoolsforbabelfish GOLD, Toronto, Other
schoolsforbabelfish GOLD, Toronto, Other
14 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"and these children that you spit on/as they try to change their worlds/are immune to your consultations/they're quite aware of what they're going through"--David Bowie. And that's a quotation, not a quote.


A wolf


Ryan isn’t trying to be evil. He just sort of…is. He woke up one day with an animal heart and a taste for flesh. It’s not his fault though.

He doesn’t identify as a werewolf, because that sounds wrong. He doesn’t identify as anything, because any word that even came close to what he is would have him burned at a stake, f*** the legal system. But lately…lately he’s been not feeding so often. Excercisng some control. A lady has something to do with it. She’s amazing and gorgeous and ryan doesn’t know what he’d do if she found out he takes humans and rips them apart for their flesh. She’d reject him and then where would he be? In a bad mood, presumably.

The author's comments:
what if you were a werewolf and didn't know how to deal with it? Stories treat them like hot dudes and babes, but what if they had paunch and a job to go to and were, like, actually real people instead of cardboard plot devices or monsters?