A War Won by Truth; Why Not? | Teen Ink

A War Won by Truth; Why Not?

By Evyfan111 DIAMOND, Castle Pines North, Colorado
Evyfan111 DIAMOND, Castle Pines North, Colorado

"Writing eases my suffering. It's my soul's medicine. I write when I hurt. I write what I fear. Writing is my form of personal freedom. I write to save myself. I write to survive as an individual."
~Amor Magner

In my head I built a room, in which I kept the truths I dared not speak. In this room, sometimes, I spoke of all the things that had been building up for years, the faults with our government, and how we had sat on the sidelines of our own country for too long.
I spoke of how the time to act was now, before it was too late. I spoke silently, in the confines of my own mind, but my words were powerful. I knew that men would hang me for speaking such treason as this, but that also in their hearts they would know that I spoke the complete and absolute truth.
In this little room, I nurtured these truths. They toke root in my mind and began to grow, to flourish, under my care. Soon those once small and weak seedlings raised their branches tall and proud. They battled the lies that had grown without restraint and yet also without roots. With the help of some well placed words, more effective than the thousands of bullets wasted by our brothers before us, we triumphed; truth and I, by appealing to Mans' better nature. And thus the seemingly infinite war was won, not by the brute force of a massive army, but by the wise words of a seemingly unimportant peasant.

I was bored one day and wrote this. I might use it in a story one day, where the setting is in the time of kings and queens and it is a fiction piece, or in a realistic fiction piece in which the main character tells his people how they are being decieved by the dicatator, maybe Hitler or Chairman Mao.