Prologue- Journal Entry | Teen Ink

Prologue- Journal Entry

Prologue

Senior year, and I am living the dream, or so it seems. I am the lead in the school play for the third year in the row, I got a full ride scholarship to my dream school the one and only Julliard. I am dating the love of my life, Liam Perry, who is the definition of a perfect boyfriend. He is so sweet and caring and not to mention beyond cute! I could go on talking about him all day but I won’t right now. Anyway like I was saying, dream life right? Yeah sure, it would be if, well it’s just that I can’t focus on anything, I can’t trust anyone I am not myself.
I mean I used to love being up on stage, the center of attention but now…everything is different I feel exposed and vulnerable. I would rather cut off my own hand then stand up in front of a crowd of people, and it’s not just my acting that’s been affected. I can’t stand being touched by anyone. Not even Liam, for example just the other day during school he came up and gave me a hug from behind and the way I started screaming and struggling you would think he was holding a gun up to my head. It took a lot of effort to convince him I was ok and he just caught me off guard and startled me. Man. I can’t handle this anymore it’s driving me insane! I just need to tell someone and get this off my chest, but how do I tell someone that I, Emmerson Bennett was…raped.