I Can't Handle This Anymore | Teen Ink

I Can't Handle This Anymore

By PoetAndYouKnowIt PLATINUM, Westfield, New Jersey
PoetAndYouKnowIt PLATINUM, Westfield, New Jersey

"There will always be someone who is smarter than you. Skinnier than you. Stronger than you. More popular than you. There will always be someone better than you, but there will never be someone who is YOU."

My mother has a fur coat. I don’t understand why. Doesn't she know that innocent animals had to die?

One day, I took the fur coat while my mother was out running an errand. I tore out of the house faster than a NASA rocket launch. Oh, wait, NASA can’t afford to have rockets anymore.

I sprinted through the endless streets confused with blurry vision. I wasn't like anyone else. Nobody would be able to understand.

I was so thirsty and my throat burned. I ran back to the house to quench my thirst. But I couldn't.

I was still crying, clutching the heavy coat in my arms. I was so thirsty, but then I remembered that there were hundreds, maybe even thousands of children in Africa that were thirsty, too.

I went outside again, to get some fresh air, to clear my mind. Then I remembered I couldn't breathe. The air was gone. Smog had entered my lungs instead.

Where has all the sense in the world gone? Disappeared with the rest of the rain forest?

I can’t handle this anymore…can you?

Jon33 said...
This story is very effective. It has a good plot to it and a good grammar. It has a good point that makes the reader think about.