When the bell rings... | Teen Ink

When the bell rings...

October 29, 2013
By AnonymousHuman BRONZE, STANDDAARBUITEN, Other
AnonymousHuman BRONZE, STANDDAARBUITEN, Other
4 articles 5 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
Head up, stay strong. Fake smile, move on.


The bell rings. Quick! Everyone is in a hurry, searching for a table with a green plate with their number on it. Once it is quiet, I try to start. I look around. I see people chewing on their pencils, frowning and removing a lot of writing on their paper. I get nervous. While looking at the clock, I try to start again. But this time I hear people cough and tick with their pens. I try to concentrate. I don’t remember a thing. According to the clock I have only 15 minutes to go. I panic. The second bell rings. The math test is over. I failed….

My fear for tests, only made my math go worse. There was no time planned for fear in the test by the teachers. And maybe I screwed up on my math, but that doesn’t mean I’ll make the same mistake again. I’ll keep practicing on making tests (although if it isn’t for a note).

Test anxiety is not rare. You don’t need to be ashamed if you suffer from test anxiety. If you keep practicing, it will all be okay. And yes, that is easier said than done. But if you really want to lose your test anxiety, you’ll have to. Believe me, I know!


The author's comments:
I know it is lame, but I get really scared before and during tests. And tomorrow I have a math test so that inspired me to write this... Feel free to comment and give me some feedback :)