A Painful Love | Teen Ink

A Painful Love

By ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania
ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania

"You are only confined by the walls you build around yourself." "Follow your heart, but take your brain with you." "You were born to be real, not to be perfect."

I never believed I would be one of those people to love someone so blindly. I always was the girl who thought of responsible. I always played by the rules that were laid out in front of me. But all it took was a second, a single action that would take away my innocence and destroy my future.
I remember my mother always telling me," Have safe sex," or my father yelling," Don't use drugs." I should have paid attention to all the details, to all the facts. But I didn't.
I ignored the rules, thus was cheated of my future.
I am watching myself giggle and huff on the drug that is in my hand; I watch as I grab the nearly empty bear can from the shelf and drown it down without a second thought.
I don't protest as a stranger pulls me up, nearly naked, and pushes me on the bed. I feel my innocence slipping.
I moan and toss but he won't stop until he's satisfied with my body. He jerks, fast, and I cry out, drunken, with pain. He stands, does not give me a second look, and moves on.
I have been punished, I believe.
A month or two later I'm kneeling over a toilet, my mothers hand pulling up my hair to keep it from the dirty water. I feel a small nudge within me.
My future is gone. I drop out of school, holding my enlarged stomach.
I lose everything. I never learned to say no, remember this.
YOU can say no...