That Girl Is Me | Teen Ink

That Girl Is Me

By Tkendricks BRONZE, Glenwood, Illinois
Tkendricks BRONZE, Glenwood, Illinois

¨If you don't build your dream, someone else will hire you to help them build theirs.¨ -Dhirubhai Ambani

There is so much rain in her eyes that want's to start pouring out but, it wont come down. The clouds in her head are still blue and the sun is still shining. Why can't she cry? She's always smiling just to make her day go by but that smile is faker than the plants in your house. Oh no don't let that smile fool there is still a broken heart that needs to be filled with love and care. She laughs and deep down inside that laugh is tears in her eyes. You won't see her cry but you will see her happiness go upside down quick. That frown will make you wonder ¨What's wrong with that girl?¨ That girl has a lot of secrets but she doesn't want to tell so she holds it in. She keeps all the pain inside and soon she's going to break down. Oh that frown will make you wonder what she's been through and who's really there for her. Truth is, that girl lays in bed at night hoping that some one will actually care for her. Her insecurities are getting to her so quickly and she puts her self on the daily. She makes people think that she's crazy when she knows she has a good heart. Nobody understands the pain she's been through for these past few years. She feels as though no one notice her and want's to cut her self deeply. Oh that pain will make her go insane. She tries and tries that best that she can to stay strong but her thoughts take control of her. That feeling that she has just cuts her deep and bleed inside. Her body so clean and fresh and there's no scars on the outside, there are scars on the inside. Why can't she be happy? Life could be worse but no one seems to care and in this world she knows everyone will judge by the things she does. Oh that sweet little precious girl is me and I'm torn in pieces. I'm trying to break those negative thoughts into pieces so they can be filled with positive energy. My mind is telling me wrong but this is just how I am. No one is going to accept the fact that I'm hurting and this life style isn't for me. But, I'm staying strong because I know God has something for me.

At first I was just venting to let everything out but, it turned out into a poem.