Just Call Me "It" | Teen Ink

Just Call Me "It"

By Bday16 BRONZE, Omaha, Nebraska
Bday16 BRONZE, Omaha, Nebraska

will never forget that day when my best friend turned into the girl I would’ve never known in my life. It was the night of homecoming and I was excited to come to my first homecoming dance with my best friend, Summer. We were curling each others’ hair, putting on our make-up, and sliding into our beautiful sparkling dresses. Mine was white and had rhinestones on the straps. Summer’s dress was so beautiful; her dress was lipstick color red and looked so great on her. I was particularly jealous but I loved my dress in person. Me and my best friend were on our way to homecoming. Of course, we girls were dates to the homecoming since me nor Summer was asked out to the dance. As we enter, we paid our $10 and show our ID card to the entrance of the high school homecoming event. We were both excited and screamed when stepping our feet onto the dance floor.

The rest of the night of homecoming was a blast until the moment I would never see, happen. I was still hanging out and dancing with Summer on the dance floor. I got tired and sat out to rest. Summer told me she had to go to the bathroom and I reply cool. Meanwhile, it took too long for me to wait on my best friend Summer in the bathroom. So I went to look for her in the restroom. I heard laughing in the bathroom when I enter and before the moment I saw it all. A group of girls I didn’t like or as a result I called them “The Clique” were whispering to Summer and told her about me in a negative way. Summer was mad and in tears. When she saw me, she splash water all over me and said those three words I never want to hear. I hate you.

The day I never forget was unimaginable. The leader of the Clique told nasty lies about me to Summer. I remember words such as your best friend is a “liar”, she called you a “worthless little wimp”. I sat in school beside my locker crying til I saw Summer. She looked like a “Miss Perfect” with the Clique. She called me “It” and left me laughing with the other girls. The word “It” was not the word I did not like nor want to hear. It was sick at heart to hear in my head that I haven’t forget. I was “in the dumps” at school everyday and even at home, alone.
You know who I am, just call me “It”.

Friendship can sometimes end in hard diffcult endings.