A Simple Day | Teen Ink

A Simple Day

May 26, 2015
By tricksterdirk BRONZE, Bermuda Dunes, California
tricksterdirk BRONZE, Bermuda Dunes, California
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"We are here as a reminder that the world is not better off without you." ~ Frank Iero


The pale white sunlight flickered through the window, it’s rays creating a colorful rainbow on the hard yet smooth oak floor. My glance drifted from the rainbow to the window, gazing outside for only a moment. A small and skinny tree stood outside the window, it’s bark white and spotted, and it’s leaves a dark yet extravagant green. A beautiful bunch of yellow and red tulips surrounded the tree, bringing out the white and beauty in it. My bright green eyes, speckled with blue lit up as the sunlight hit them, and I looked back to the window once more for a longer gaze at the pure beauty of nature. After taking it all in my hand trailed along the oak floor, my gaze drifting back to where it had originally been this whole time. A long sigh rattled from my throat as I picked up the thing I had been staring at for so long. The white sunlight hit it, illuminating the object I held in my hands. I flicked a switch on the side of the device, the red disappearing. What I held so closeto my head, was a gun.