The Deal | Teen Ink

The Deal

March 2, 2016
By clblackett SILVER, Davisburg, Michigan
clblackett SILVER, Davisburg, Michigan
5 articles 0 photos 2 comments

“Here,” the girl mumbled. She lays her clammy palm flat, avoiding looking into his fire burning eyes.

The man snatches the seed from between her fragile fingers. “Pleasure doing business with you. I hope to see you again.” He smirks at her as he clutches his fist together.

The thing he took from her will never be returned. The seemingly small almond is much more than we all think.

He turns his back to her and vanishes onto his path that she hopefully will never find herself walking upon again.

She falls to her knees and pebbles embed, drawing blood. She tries to tell herself that it will all be alright. That there is still a tomorrow. That she will have to move on.

Her fingers trail across her stomach.

Empty.

She flinches at the thought.

I have to move on, she thought.

She did. Physically.

She walked out of the clinic with the little pride that she still had. None.she drove him with the music vibrating the car. She didn't pay attention to the dirty looks or listen to the rude comments.

She knows she deserves it.

She rushes home.

Where her warm bed lays. Where Clean sheets lying upon it. Where her red comforter drapes over. Where she can hide, with no one looking at her.

***
She was full of life. She was spontaneous and invincible.

Then she met the handsome boy, whom she thought loved her.

She met him at a place where the world’s prideful secrets drown.

The ocean.

Her first mistake.

His words to her seem wistful and beautiful. She couldn’t help but notice his glowing green eyes.

Everything was wonderful.

Minutes turned into days, which turned into weeks.

She thought their love was pure. He would always say the right things. The things she wanted to hear.

One night; they became intertwined. They became one or so she thought.

He promised her forever

but he only gave her days.

She woke up, in cold, dirt sheets. Alone.

That night was the last night she would hear his lies. The last time he would put a string of hair behind her ear.

A hatefulness stemmed inside of her. He was a con man. A liar. A cheat. A thief.

But she believed him. She saw herself as a foolish girl. Gullible. Naive.

The conman left her a part of him that she didn’t want.

A life.

So. She made a deal the devil.

To take care of it.