House Party | Teen Ink

House Party

By marisolhernandez BRONZE, Austin, Texas
marisolhernandez BRONZE, Austin, Texas

It was the first day of school and Sofia wasn’t feeling it. She was starting sophomore year at George M. High School. She got up, got dressed and left. She hated school so much but couldn’t do anything about it.

As she got to school, Lisa, her friend, was getting out of her car.

“Hey girl.”, said Lisa cheerfully.

“Hey.”, said Sofia in a neutral voice. Sofia didn’t like Lisa but her best friend hung out with her so she just went with it.

“How was summer?” asked Lisa trying to catch up to Sofia. Sofia kept walking and didn’t answer. As Sofia walked inside, something made her happy. She saw her best friend Maria. She hadn’t seen Maria all summer, since she left to Mexico, and was glad to see her again.

“Hey Mari !” said Sofia very happy. Maria just ignored her and kept fixing her books. Sofia was confused as to why Maria would ignore her. She was her best friend.

“What’s wrong did I do something?”, asked Sofia a bit worried.

“Stop acting like you don’t know what you did”, said Maria very angry as she walked away. Sofia was even more confused.

“I really don’t know. Tell me what I did wrong?”

“If I told you it has to do with the first day of summer, at the house party would you remember?” questioned Maria even madder.

It finally hit Sofia. She completely forgot what happened at that house party, and she wanted to forget. She did what she did for a reason and she thought no one would remember.
“You think I wouldn’t find out about you and Isaac!?” said Maria almost crying.

Isaac was Maria’s boyfriend. They all went together to that house party, since they were very close friends. They started drinking as the party started. Maria was the first one to get drunk. She was so drunk she fell asleep in the front yard so Isaac went to put her in the car. Sofia and Isaac still stayed a bit more at the party since there were more friends to see, and they both went their separate ways.

During the party they both met at the restroom after a while. Sofia was waiting to go in when Isaac was getting there. They talked for a bit about the party while they waited for the person to come out the restroom. As they talked Isaac leaned in and kissed Sofia.

Sofia didn’t know what to do. She didn’t want to stop but she knew she had to, it was her best friend’s boyfriend. She took him off of her and just stood there. Two of Maria’s friends were there, and they saw EVERYTHING.

“No one needs to know about this!” said Isaac to Sofia and the girls. Sofia just nodded, but she had to tell Maria before she found out by someone else who might have seen. But Maria left to mexico the next day, and she didn't have time. She thought everyone would have forgotten what had happened by now, but they didn’t and made sure Maria knew.

Sofia didn’t know what to say. She just wanted to explain everything to Maria, exactly how it happened. She knew she did wrong but she wasn’t thinking at that moment.

“Wait maria let me tell you what actually happened...” said Sofia trying to calm her down.

“Explain ? Explain how you turned fake on me by kissing my boyfriend ? I trusted you and that’s how you repaid me,” interrupted Maria.

Then one of Maria’s friends spoke up. “Why lie? We saw when you lean in and kiss him. Stop acting like the innocent one here.”
Sofia couldn’t fight anymore. She knew Maria wasn’t going to believe them more than her so she just let it be.

Just like that she lost her best friend, one of the most important people in her life.