Freedom | Teen Ink

Freedom

By Foram GOLD, Edison, New Jersey
Foram GOLD, Edison, New Jersey

"If life gives you dirt, grow flowers." - I read it on a post it in the movie "The Fault in Our Stars"

They were gone. They had just packed their bags and left her all alone. Just like her parents, who had perished in an accident. Now the only family she had left had abandoned her and went on a life- long vacation. Anger. Hurt. Pain. Sadness. But after a while, in the spring evening, a new feeling emerged and stayed, vibrant above all. Freedom. She felt free from all the people holding her back. She felt new in the upcoming season. Joy and hope engulfed her mind and body. She ran like she never had before, as the freedom and hope of her upcoming life framed her mind, she ran for home, all hers now. She could finally live in peace and solitude. But still, there was fear. Fear of the unknown that she could overcome with her new found freedom.

I hope people know that they have the freedom to do what they want to do or be what they want to be because being held down is only in your mind. Imagine wings you can take off on.