Riley Avery's Life through Her Author Bios | Teen Ink

Riley Avery's Life through Her Author Bios MAG

April 15, 2018
By BetsyJ GOLD, Vellore, Other
BetsyJ GOLD, Vellore, Other
17 articles 9 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
Apt words have power to suage the tumours of a troubled mind.



















- Milton.


Riley Avery is a sixteen-year-old writer and a big fan of orange juice. She has attended the Iowa Young Writers’ Studio and is an editor of her school’s literary journal, Silver Lining. She is a girl of medium height and an above average shoe size. She is also an avid stamp collector.

• • •

Riley Avery is a twenty-year-old college student living in a big city with very little to do. She spends much of her time writing fiction and talking to herself. You can follow her on Twitter @WilyRiley85.

• • •

Riley Avery is a twenty four-year-old nonconformist who is currently working on her first ever novel. She has been published nationally and internationally in literary magazines like Smoking Strangers, Joie de Vivre, No-Man’s-Land Review and Kettle of Fish, among others. She is surprised to say that she has a newfound love for coffee. Follow her on Twitter @WilyRiley85.

• • •

Riley Avery is an M.F.A student at Pratt Institute. She recently published her first novel: Dolorous Dolores. She currently stays with her boyfriend and pet dog Paintball in Brooklyn, New York in a disturbingly crammed apartment.

• • •

Riley Avery, a recent graduate of Pratt Institute, is the author of the New York Times bestselling novel Dolorous Dolores. She now lives in Boston along with Paintball, her pet dog who loves her very much. This excerpt is from her current work in progress, which explores unsung heroes and untold stories of the Holocaust. She can be contacted at rileythecoolwriter@yahoo.com

• • •

Riley Avery, who has worked with two agents and one major publisher, is a coffee addict and the proud owner of three dogs: Paintball, Lightning and Dew. She is the author of the New York Times bestselling novel Dolorous Dolores. She lives in Quincy, Massachusetts and can be contacted at rileythecoolwriter@yahoo.com.

• • •

Riley Avery, author of Dolorous Dolores, a New York Times bestselling novel, lives in Quincy, Massachusetts with her three beautiful old dogs and new husband, Jake. A Deadly Cocktail is her second novel.

• • •

Riley Avery, author of two novels, Dolorous Dolores and A Deadly Cocktail, is currently living alone in St. Augustine, Florida, with her four dogs. She can be contacted at rileyaverygoodgirl@editingforcash.com if you would like to hire her for her editorial services.

• • •

Riley Avery, author of Dolorous Dolores and A Deadly Cocktail, is proud to present her first ever short story collection, Strangers At Night and Other Stories of Mystery. She lives in St. Augustine, Florida, along with her four dogs. She is an active member of her community’s public welfare programs and can often be seen crying over spilled milk, sometimes quite literally.

• • •

Recently discovered Headlights is a work of nonfiction written but never published by writer Riley Avery, a New York Times bestselling author, who was discovered to have committed suicide last month at age fifty-two. Rejected by agents and publishers more than ten times, this posthumous book is considered the author’s best work. 


The author's comments:

This story was adapted from and inspired by Ilana Masad's "A Lifetime of Author Bios" that was published in The New Yorker.