MILITARY: A UNFORBIDDEN LOVE STORY | Teen Ink

MILITARY: A UNFORBIDDEN LOVE STORY

By SIARRAQ05 BRONZE, Houston, Texas
SIARRAQ05 BRONZE, Houston, Texas

In a dark time, where the nation's leader in Avalon declares that the people have to give up their oldest child from every family to go into the military service no matter what. Except for one thing they can’t date in the military they only can focus on the military and the military only. If they get caught they get sacrificed to the enemy.

Alex works in the military being MOS 92Y. Alex goes to a bar after a hard day at work. He meets the girl of his dreams, tall, beautiful, luscious brunette hair. 

He builds up the confidence to go talk to her as he walks up; she seems uninterested in everything and everyone. He says “ Excuse me miss I see you look upset how come”. She’s looking down uninterested in the conversation. She ignores him completely with her head still looking down. As Alex sits there and tells her “you’re probably not in the mood nor wanting to talk to anyone but I’m going to just sit here for you” he just wants to comfort her even with just his presents. She’s confused so confused on why he is still there and why he cares about a girl he just met. As they sat there in silence, he was her home for the moment. They sat there for hours in complete silence. Alex craves to know her name just to get to know her. Alex blurts out “ I want to get to know you ” She looks up in discourtness. She says “ Why would you want to know me”. As he sits trying to figure out what to say. She says “ Well thanks for sitting with me but I see you're in the military, I’mma go but thanks again”.She leaves, Alex sits there in disbelief that he let her go without even knowing anything not even her name.

Alex goes back to the military base. He sits in his bunk, tipsy, and still thinking about her. A week goes by and Alex can't stop thinking about this mysterious woman. He goes to the bar everyday in search of the girl of his dreams. The nation's leader Robert  comes up to him one day. Robert says “ Alex you look absentminded at work for the past few days. What's the problem?” Alex is surprised that Robert has noticed him. Alex says “ Nothing sir i guess i’ve been tired but may I ask a question?” Robert says “ Of course you’re like a friend to me as long as it isn’t the way I run things around here haha”. Alex is nervous as can be says “ of course you’re the best leader we’ve had so why aren't we the military people can’t date or anything if you don’t mind me asking”. Robert suspicious in why would Alex would ask that says “ um uh I don’t my soldiers to worried about someone when we are the middle of this huge war especially since love isn’t real, love just causes harm and it would suck to see y'all all fixated on a someone who may not even love you as much...” Alex sits there not knowing what to do or say. He tells Robert “ Thank you. I was just wondering since I was reading our handbook and everything”. Robert says “ oh okay….” Alex quickly returns to doing his work. Alex told himself that he is going to go to the bar one more time and if she is not there then it wasn’t meant to be. As Alex walks in the bar there he sees her in the same spot. Alex doesn’t want to seem desperate so he sits away from her trying not to get caught looking at her. There she sees him as she finally looks shocked that he hasn’t said anything to her. Alex looks at her then their eyes pop like fireworks when they make eye contact.  He gets the courage to go up to her once again. He asked her “ Why haven’t you been here for a week? I've been looking for you”. She says “ I’m sorry I was scared to even think about falling in love or anything.”. He says “ It’s okay who said anything about falling in love, let's take it slow.”. “What about the military? You aren’t allowed to even have anything above a friendship with a girl”. Alex says “ Relax, we're taking it slow, nothing serious, we're just friends” as he laughs “ why are you scared don't be scared. Are you going to tell me your name now?”. She laughs at him because she completely forgot that she never told him her name.  BOOM… 

There laid Alex on the ground in a puddle of his own blood. Robert comes in with his gun in his hand. The girl lying beside Alex crying. She tells him “I love you”. Robert says “ Such a shame I really liked Alex. He was going to get hurt either way with love or by the war.” Robert looks at the girl and says “What is your name?”....