A Cruise to Remember | Teen Ink

A Cruise to Remember

May 20, 2009
By Jessah GOLD, Westbrook, Maine
Jessah GOLD, Westbrook, Maine
11 articles 0 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
“Love hurts. There is nothing as painful as heartbreak. But in order to learn to love again you must learn to trust again.”

Nicholas Sparks


Jessica filled her plate, she was so hungry. She willed her head to stop pounding. Just then a hand reached around her and picked up a strawberry off her plate. Jessica spun around to find Jamie grinning his lopsided grin at her, eating the strawberry with in one bite.

"You owe me a strawberry," she ordered him. She winced, why did her voice sound so loud? Jamie looked at her and frowned.

"You okay? You look as if someone just hit you," he asked her with a concerned look on his face. Jessica shook her head. That did not help either. She closed her eyes, trying to block everything out. The noise, the bright lights. But it didn't work.

"Headache..." she mumbled just loud enough that only Jamie would hear. But it still sounded loud in her head. Jamie nodded and brought his hands to her head. Placing three fingers on each side of her head, he began messaging her temples. Jessica let her eyes close again. Then he stopped. Jessica's eyes slowly opened.

"What-," she started to ask but stopped when, once again her head began to pound.

"My mom taught me that," Jamie said shrugging, as if reading her mind.

"Now go and eat." He ordered, taking another strawberry.

*
*
*
*


The author's comments:
This is not finished. It is an exerpt from part of a story that is telling itself in my head at the moment. Just thought that I would share it with someone. This is my first time posting something I wrote I hope you like it.