Intensity | Teen Ink

Intensity

By Lindsey_O GOLD, Marshfield, Massachusetts
Lindsey_O GOLD, Marshfield, Massachusetts

Words slide off the lead,
creating permanent marks;
writer's secret code.
~Lindsey O'Connell

The tears poured off her eyelids; slid down her cheeks; fell to the floor. Slowly she sank to the ground, trembling slightly. Her breath came in deep sobs, wracking her chest. She barely had enough air. She did not hear the soft footfalls coming ever closer. She did not see him as he sat down next to her. She did, however, feel as his arm wrapped around her shoulders. Turning slightly, the girl buried her face in his shoulder. Her friend held her tighter, resting his head in her soft chestnut curls.

The two of them sat that way for what felt like hours; the girl sobbing loudly on the boy’s shoulder, the boy holding her quietly, steadfastly. Finally, the girl released her last tear. She looked up at the boy, eyes red from crying, cheeks flushed. He turned to her, a small crooked smile on his lips. To the girl’s surprise, tears were slipping down his face as well. “Why are you crying?” she asked softly, voice cracking. The boy considered the question for a second.

“I am crying because you are crying,” he replied truthfully as yet another tear trickled down his handsome face. His smile was still there, unwavering.

The girl stared at him with wide eyes. He stared back at her. A chill like an electric current flowed through both of them. The air around them tingled with static. Slowly, as if pulled by some invisible force, the two teenagers moved closer. Their faces were within a hair’s breath of each other’s. “Why me?” she whispered. “Why did you choose me?” Her eyes darted back and forth, looking for an answer written on his face. “You are the only one who’s real. The only one out of all those girls who knows what it means to truly love someone. Even though he broke your heart, you just keep going. I like that. I think… I think I may even love that.”

His eyes gleamed with a passion long suppressed. “I think I may love you.” His sweet breath lingered on her lips. The girl’s heart began to beat frantically, as if trying to keep up with her rapidly changing emotions. “I think I may love you too,” she admitted.

Without meaning to, the girl shut her eyes. The two leaned even closer, closing the gap between them. His soft lips pressed against hers. She wrapped her arms around his neck, and his arms coiled around her waist. The kiss deepened.

Gently, they pulled apart. Both were smiling softly. “Thank you,” the girl said under her breath, so quiet that the boy sitting right next to her wasn’t sure he had heard her at first.

“For what?” She stared deeply into his eyes. He held her gaze, reciprocating the intensity. “For giving me a reason to live again. For saving me from falling.”

“Anytime. Thank you, too. Thanks for letting me in. Thanks for not pushing me away.”

At the same time, the two teenagers said, “I love you,” sealing their fate.

The two leaned in closer, their foreheads, then lips, pressing against the other’s.

Aidyl BRONZE said...
Aidyl BRONZE, Oshawa, Other

"If you want a friend be a friend."

-Poster

"That's cool. Hey you know what's even cooler than triceratops? Every other dinosaur that ever existed!"
-Dwight Schrute The Office

This reminds of one of those things you see on facebook, where it's like, "Girl: Do you love me?" Boy: "Yes..." blahblahblah. But your description was good.

BriBear BRONZE said...
BriBear BRONZE, LaFayette, Georgia

If i was perfect they'd have to redifine the words

ur right. it should gradually come into it. :) but its a great story i love it

Gabbi2014 BRONZE, Waterboro, Maine

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.
Victor Hugo

this was so cute!

i have written things similar to it, i just haven't put them on here yet. (-:

paranomial PLATINUM, Hyderabad, Other
:) i really love this story :) i've already read it about 5times..:) i'll be glad if u could check on to my stuff too..:)

ellie315 GOLD said...
ellie315 GOLD, South Pasadena, California

"And this, our life, exempt from public haunt, finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks, sermons in stones, and good in everything." -- William Shakespeare

this is awesome!! the descriptions and emotions are really well done! my only critique is that if she is so broken and crying, how come she is so easily swept off by this other guy? I mean, considering its like a one scene flick you did well, but it you were going to extend this, I dont think its realistic. :) But its really fantastic, dont get me wrong:D

Lindsey_O GOLD said...

Words slide off the lead,
creating permanent marks;
writer's secret code.
~Lindsey O'Connell

:D Thank you!!! And I actuallly have some free time right now so I'll go read your stuff! It's no problem, really! Thanks again!!

Lindsey_O GOLD said...

Words slide off the lead,
creating permanent marks;
writer's secret code.
~Lindsey O'Connell

Thank you so much!!! ^_^ I'm really happy that you like it!!

paranomial PLATINUM, Hyderabad, Other
i can read this story n number of times...i love it...its soo cute...n so wel written..the emotions or all coming out clearly :)

ithinkijustflew BRONZE, Dreamland, Other

Is. 43:2; When you pass through the waters, I will be with you.

Wonderful, descriptive writing :)

I would be honored if you could check out some of my work? I'm sure a lot of people ask you this... But I'd love c&c on some of my stuff. :)

DiamondsIntheGrass GOLD, Martinsville, New Jersey

Worry is simply a misuse of the imagination.

OH...well if u put it that way it wuz nice.  well written.

alibi SILVER said...
alibi SILVER, Corry, Pennsylvania

"I'm always positive, except when I'm not."

Oh, I know how that feels!! But I'm sure the people that read Intensity would like to read your prologue... I know I would.

Lindsey_O GOLD said...

Words slide off the lead,
creating permanent marks;
writer's secret code.
~Lindsey O'Connell

aww~ Thank you sooooo so much!! *blushes* I dun think its one of the best... But thank you!! Much appreciated!!

AslanRox said...
Wow. This is so beautiful! This is one of the best stories i've read on TeenInk yet. Keep writing!

Lindsey_O GOLD said...

Words slide off the lead,
creating permanent marks;
writer's secret code.
~Lindsey O'Connell

Awww Thank you sooo so much!!!!! <3 That means a lot!!! And I'm definately going to keep writing (as soon as I come up with an idea... :| ) But maybe... the only thing that's set in stone at this time is the prolouge.... :P

Lindsey_O GOLD said...

Words slide off the lead,
creating permanent marks;
writer's secret code.
~Lindsey O'Connell

Oh my.... T-That... <333 *hugs* THANK YOU SOOO SO SO MUCH!!!!  ^_^ Lindsey is a very happy girl right now!! And of course I'll keep writing--I actually need to write something for here soon! :D But thank you again--you are amazing and that comment: made my life a bazillion times better XD

Lindsey_O GOLD said...

Words slide off the lead,
creating permanent marks;
writer's secret code.
~Lindsey O'Connell

Oh did you not understand the story? Sorry! haha the story's about a girl who was completely in love with this guy--or so she thought. He did something to break her heart, and she ran off. Her best friend, who is a guy, followed her and tried to comfort her. Her friend is very popular and could probably get any girl he wants--but he wants her. He has been in love with the girl for years, but hasnt said a thing. While comforting his friend, the boy confesses that he loves her. And the girl realizes that what she had been keeping from herself for years--that she loves him too. They kiss and then well that's the end! Sorry if it was confusing! I'll be sure to work on being more clear in the future!

alibi SILVER said...
alibi SILVER, Corry, Pennsylvania

Okay, this is amazing.  You have talent, that much is obvious.  Do the world a favor and DONT STOP WRITING.  This is beautiful.  And sweet.  And extremely well-written.  Also, I read from the other comments that you're writing a book.  Could you maybe post it chapter by chapter on here?  That's what I'm doing.  Good-Luck with your writing!!!!!

KourtneyBriann BRONZE, Niles, Michigan
Oh man this is so crazily, epicly, beautiful. Tagging as a fave!!! (; Plzzzz for the life of all humanity keep writing stuff like this. U R A HERO OF THIS WEBSITE.  U should get an award for this GRLLLL!!!!

Lindsey_O GOLD said...

Words slide off the lead,
creating permanent marks;
writer's secret code.
~Lindsey O'Connell

^_^ Oh thank you so much!!!! That means a lot!!

Hippiechick10 SILVER, One Stoplight Town, Connecticut

Those who deny freedom to others , deserve it not for themselves. (Abe Lincoln)

great job! i gave you 5 stars