Friends to girlfriends and girlfriends to strangers | Teen Ink

Friends to girlfriends and girlfriends to strangers

By Nicole_villatoro BRONZE, Seattle, Washington
Nicole_villatoro BRONZE, Seattle, Washington

Years ago Noemi and Maria met in high school, they didn't know that they would end up having a relationship thanks to Maria's former best friend, but at the time Noemi's best friend.
It all started when Karen stopped talking to Maria, they were good friends, they were for 4 years, but when they moved to high school everything changed, neither of them had classes together, and that's when Karen and Noemi met. In a very short time they became good friends, everything was very nice until Maria one day sent Noemi an message, Noemi accepted it and they started to talk about Ariana Grande, gradually they began to talk about more topics, but Karen was jealous anyway. One day Karen and Maria decided to try to talk again, but it was in vain, however Noemi did not stop talking about Maria so Naomi and Karen stopped talking to each other, so that was the end of their friendship, however now the friendship between Noemi and Maria was very strong.

Noemi and Maria discovered that they both liked girls, so they began to have flirtations with other girls, however these flirtations were only temporary. During the transition of accepting their sexual orientation Maria had a boyfriend with whom she did not last long, only two months, since they did not talk much and the boy flirted with another girl so at the end of their relationship they started a relationship with that girl, after this Noemi comforted Maria, since they were friends, until one day Noemi started a relationship with a boy, they did not last long either, but they broke up because Noemi discovered that he was talking to another girl and used to delete the conversations they had, Maria sent her a message consoling her, but in the last part it said “I am better than him” Noemi did not understand why she said that, but she did not give it importance. As time went by, Noemi started to feel something for her, she tried to tell her jokingly, although Maria also made jokes of that kind.

One day Maria sent a message to Noemi telling her that she had to tell her something in person, Noemi told her that she would not go the next day, so Maria resigned herself for a moment and wanted her to forget everything, but Noemi insisted that she should tell her.. She already knew what it was about and told her that she also had to tell her something. That day came and at lunch they didn't say anything to each other until finally Maria spoke to Noemi because everyone was going to their own class and she said “I like you baby”.
Noemi couldn't believe it and started to cry, she got home and thought about what to tell her, she thought that maybe she should tell her that they should know each other better, but it didn't make sense because they knew many things about each other, so Noemi asked her if she would tell her what she wanted that day or on Monday, Maria said that on Monday and in the middle of the night on Saturday they started watching a performance at the same time of Ariana Grande at Coachella, at the end of the performance Noemi asked Maria if she wanted to know then and there and on Monday at school in person, to which Maria agreed, as she really wanted to know what it was all about, so Noemi asked her if she wanted to be her girlfriend, but the answer she had to tell her on Monday, so on Monday she asked her and she said yes. That was the beginning of their 6 month relationship, then they broke up and came back in 9 months, they broke up again 11 months later and now almost 4 years of their last contact where Noemi has not been able to love anyone like she did with Maria, but unfortunately she has been with the love of her life for those 4 years.

I wrote it with different names, but it is a personal story, however I will always have a great love for her even though we don't talk anymore, definitely whenever I talk about love I will always talk about her because with her I could be completely who I am, we could be friends and girlfriends at the same time.