Teenage Love Story 3 | Teen Ink

Teenage Love Story 3

October 27, 2009
By JustMe212 GOLD, Atlanta, Georgia
JustMe212 GOLD, Atlanta, Georgia
10 articles 0 photos 36 comments

Favorite Quote:
If you want to look young and Beautiful, stand next to ugly old people.
(love this, hilarious :)


“Hi, I’m Skyler. I’m visiting here from New Jersey for the summer.”Nice. I smiled to myself. Let’s just hope I could stay calm for the rest of the night.

Cammie seemed to manage to give me a forced smile, but I could tell from the look on her face what she was really thinking; she’s staying for the whole summer!!! Like I would make it my goal to ruin her summer. Sheesh. “So how do you know Jonah?” Cammie asked. I could feel her eyes looking me up and down.“Actually, we just met. I just sort of accidently ran into him” I could feel my cheeks getting warm as I looked down at the ground. When I looked up, my eyes met Jonah’s and once again the butterflies were back in action. “Oh, so do you always talk to strangers?”she asked. Just the Hot ones. I knew it was meant to be a dig, but I decided that I it was probably best to act naive. I smiled at Cammie, trying to make it at least look sort of real.”I guess I just like meet new people.” I smiled brightly at Jonah purposefully, knowing it would make Cammie mad. I could already see the fire in her eyes, but it didn’t matter nearly as much as it did to see that Jonah was impressed. I guess he was used to Cammie’s, well, rudeness.. At least now I knew it wasn’t personal…I think. I suddenly felt closed in and panicky. I just wanted to get away somewhere, anywhere other than right here with Cammie giving me the evil eye, her friends doing the same, while the guys talked about whatever it is they were talking about. I looked at Jonah out of the corner of my eye to see if he felt the way I did. He seemed to be listening to John tell some story about football, but didn’t seem too into to it. When his eyes met mine, they seemed to hold a question. A question that I smiled back to in reply. He knew exactly what I wanted. “So, anyone want to ride the Ferris wheel?” he asked, looking right at me. His eyes seemed to light up, as if we were sharing a joke that only me and him shared. “That sounds like fun”, I said. I couldn’t help but smile. A few minutes ago, watching a turtle race would have been fun, but sitting in a Ferris wheel, alone with Jonah, sounded……amazing. Like him. “ I was actually about to get a hotdog,” John said. He looked at Caleb, who seemed to nod his head in agreement as if to say’ Yes, me want hotdog too’. I laughed inwardly and shook my head. Guys. They can be so…..simple. But if they were so simple, wouldn’t I be able to tell if Jonah thought I was cute, or if he was just showing the new girl around to be nice? I guess I was going to have to find out.


The author's comments:
Hey guys! This is the third part of my story. Sorry it took me so long to get it on. There will be a fourth part soon hopefully.