My Typical Romance | Teen Ink

My Typical Romance

By emily23 BRONZE, Solon, Maine
emily23 BRONZE, Solon, Maine

Every story has an end, but in life every end is just a new beginning.

His name is Oliver. My name is Jenna. We are both typical eleventh graders. Oliver is a jock, and the most popular guy in school and I am a dancer. I’m not so popular.

You see, Oliver and I have known each other since our diaper years. We had the typical story; our mothers have been best friends since middle school, So we are forced to hang out. Up until 8th grade Oliver and I were inseparable, but the summer before high school both he and I matured. Inside and out. And by the time school had started we had grown apart. Before you knew it we didn’t even exchange a small smile in the hall. Now in eleventh grade, I have finally fallen for him. But there was something in my way to getting to him. My worst enemy, Leah. She’s head cheerleader and most popular girl in school.

I looked up as I heard the doors of the cafeteria open. And just as I assumed Leah and Oliver walked in hand in hand. Leah was showing off as usual but Oliver was just staring straight ahead, staring at me! He broke away from Leah and sat down across from me to eat his lunch.I was startled since he’s usually with his basketball boys. But never the less I brushed it off, ignored him, and went on eating. A few minutes later I had a feeling someone was staring at me. What do you know it just happened to be Oliver. “Take a picture it last longer,” I snapped. “Sorry” Oliver said quietly. “Yea me too” I whispered. “Jenna” Oliver said

“What is your problem with me? We used to be best friends now whenever I come over with my mom you either hide in your room or go for a walk and don’t come back till I leave.”

“What is my problem with you?” I asked hurt “You ditched me for that witch you call a girlfriend and even when you came over you were either on the phone with her, texting her, or talking about her non-stop” I yelled. “Yea I know, but we never had anything to talk about and you seemed like you were okay with it” he said. “Well I wasn’t!” I said angrily. “I’m sorry I shouldn’t have... ” Oliver said “Oliver?”I asked” Whatever, I’m sick of fighting and ignoring you, can we just be friends again?” “These past few years not having someone to talk to have been tough. I miss hanging out with you” “ You really mean that” he said as his eyes lit up. “Well.... yea of course I do your my best friend.” “No your more than that your like my brother” I said ( A brother that I am completely and utterly in love with) I thought. “Jenna?” Oliver said, breaking my daydream. “You don’t know how much that means to me. Listen I have to drive Leah home after school, and I usually stay and watch t.v. or something but I’m going to pick you up and we’re going to the Ice cream place right outside town!” “Oliver no that’s ok your coming over after school tomorrow with your mom anyways why don’t you just stay with Leah?” “No!” he said firmly.” ”I want to hang out with you today we have three years time to make up for” “Ok... but are you sure Leah won’t get mad?” I asked cautiously I did not want to get in a fight with Leah. “Yea, probably, but she will just have to deal with it I spend everyday with her she can go one day without me.” “Fine,” I surrendered “But if she wants to pick a fight with me it’s your fault.” “Deal,” he said with a smile.

The bell rang signaling the end of lunch. “Bye,” he said giving me a hug. “I’ll pick you up at three” “Ok, bye,” I said happily.

***********************

I walked in the lunchroom anxious to just know she was here. We used to be best friends but as soon as high school hit we separated. Ugh I miss hanging out with her she’s my best friend we used to have so much fun together. Not to mention she’s also extremely gorgeous. I’ve liked her ever since I knew girls didn’t have cooties. Her her love for taking risks was what drew me in the most, but her blonde hair and ice blue eyes just added to perfection. Ever since she was little she wasn’t afraid of anything she wanted to be “one of the guys” and she made sure that happened for her. I’ve wanted to ask her out for a long time now. But when we were younger I was afraid it would ruin our friend ship and I couldn’t risk that. So I started dating Leah. I do love her but not the way I love Jenna. Leah is a tall brunette with big brown eyes. She is beautiful but it’s just not the same.

She looked up as Leah and I walked in. She looked disgusted with me. I broke away from Leah to go get my lunch and I found a seat across from her. (Out of the many times I had been) she caught me staring at her . She told me to take a picture it lasts longer. I apologized and silently added that if I had a camera I would be all over her like paparazzi on a celebrity. But I have plenty of pictures of her cut out from previous years’ yearbooks. Even if a picture does speak a thousand words it is speechless when Jenna is in it

Yes I know it may seem like I am obsessed with her, but I am not obsessed just crushing, crushing hard!

********

Going to get ice cream with Oliver was amazing. We had such a fun time he told me that he broke up with Leah. I was ecstatic I didn’t let it show though. He didn’t ask me out with actually I’m okay with for right now I just want to catch up on what we missed.

TO BE CONTINUED........................

I was bored and I ended up coming up with this.

Drama_Queen13 DIAMOND, Nantucket, Massachusetts

"Live Life Like A Song."

AAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!! I absolutly LOVE it! write more please!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3

i_love_pancakes SILVER, Lutz, Florida
: ) welcome

emily23 BRONZE said...
emily23 BRONZE, Solon, Maine

aww thanks

i_love_pancakes SILVER, Lutz, Florida
typical (; }) yet beautiful!