Foreign Love: Chapter 9 | Teen Ink

Foreign Love: Chapter 9

By JohnnyDeppLover123 DIAMOND, Holyoke, Massachusetts
JohnnyDeppLover123 DIAMOND, Holyoke, Massachusetts

Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.
William Shakespeare

We let go and smiled. “I’ll be right back!” I said. I stood up and walked over to one of the officer’s. “Excuse me, but can we leave now?” I asked. “Give me just one sec’.” “Sure.” She walked over to what seemed the “chief” officer and asked what I asked. He whispered into her ear and dismissed her. She came back walking towards me. “Yeah sure you can go now but take care of those cuts and some migraine pills for that head of yours.” “Yeah definitely!” I said before walking away to join James again.

“Guess what?” I asked him with excitement. “What?” he asked. “You supposed to guess! Well anyways they said we could go!” I said. “That’s great! Let’s go” he said with a huge smile on his face.

We started walking and reached our houses in about ten minutes. “Well what do you want to do?” James asked. “Uh I’m not sure, really” I replied. “What if we watch a DVD at your house? It will be like our own personal movie.” “Sounds great!” I said while walking towards my house. As usual James followed me.

Right now I didn’t have the key to my house because by the time we got back my mom would be here. “Oh I don’t have my key” I said. “That’s fine we can go to my house1” James suggested as he started walking away. “Oh wait!” I yelled. We always had a spare key. I reached behind one of the flower pots and took the silver key. “Got it!” I said with joy. I put it into the slot, turned it and opened the door.

James walked in. “Welcome to my home-again!” I said while laughing. “So what movie? You can choose one from over there while I set up the drinks and popcorn.” “Kay” he said while walking over next to the TV where the racks of DVD’s were. As I put the popcorn bag in the microwave it made popping sounds. As I poured the soda in cups it made fizzy sounds.

I brought all the snacks to the coffee table. “So what movie did you pick?” I asked while sitting on the couch. “The Notebook!” he answered with a smile. “Are you serious? I didn’t think a guy like you would like chick flicks! Especially one like this!” I answered. “A guy like what?” he asked. “Well…muscle and cool looking” I said embarrassed. “How can you tell someone is ‘cool’ looking?” he asked while laughing. I just shrugged and put in the movie.

He continued laughing all through the previews. I just rolled my eyes but I couldn’t help but laugh in my head because I sounded pretty stupid when I said that. Then the main menu popped up and I hit play.