Honey, Baby... Sweetheart | Teen Ink

Honey, Baby... Sweetheart

By ofpaintedroses GOLD, Berne, Indiana
ofpaintedroses GOLD, Berne, Indiana

"How long is forever?"
"Sometimes just one second."

BRRRRING-BRRRING!! I reached over for my phone and answered it.
"Hello?" The person on the other end of the line said hi, I recognized the voice...but I couldn’t tell who it was. “Um, who is this?” I stretched out on my bed as I waited for them to answer, I closed my eyes.

“It’s Jordan, remember me?” My eyes snapped open and I jerked to a sitting position. Jordan! “I got your number from Luke… He said to call you.” I smiled, only Luke.

“Oh! Hey Jordan! I can’t believe this! How long has it been now? Four years? Five?” I stared into space, twisting my hair around my finger.

“Logan! Mom wants you!” Joshua yelled up the stairs. I groaned.

“Hey I have to go, I’ll talk to you later. ‘Kay?” I slid off my bed and trudged over to the door after hearing him say bye. I walked slowly down the stairs, not wanting to face my family so soon after that last big fight. “What mom? Josh said you wanted me?” I asked as I jumped down from the last step and rounded the corner into the kitchen.

I stopped dead in my tracks and froze. A smile broke across Luke and Jordan’s faces. Jordan’s here! And Luke too!!! I wanted to move but I couldn’t find the muscles that controlled my legs. Jordan came over to me and wrapped me in one of his signature hugs. I melted into it and found I could move again. My arms circled around his waist, and I laid my head on his chest. Jordan.

“Hey baby, are you surprised?” I looked up to answer him, and up, and up. Gosh, he’d gotten tall! He laughed at the way I had to lean back to see his face. I smiled at the sound of that laugh and my mind exploded with memories.

“Yes, yes I am. I’m quite surprised, actually.” Luke came closer over to us and it became a group hug. “Hey Luke! How are you dear?” I tried to move out of the hug, but I was being suffocated by a whole lot of man-child arms.

“I’m good Logan, how are you honey?” The hug broke up and we moved up the stairs and back to my room. We sat on my bed and looked at each other, at a loss for words I guessed. I couldn’t stop smiling, this was so amazing! We were all here, just like old times. The only change… well, Jordan looked at me differently. And so did Luke.

“So… how did all this come about?” I looked at them both and they looked at me. It was so serious, the expressions on their faces that I cracked up and they followed suit.

“Well it’s your birthday next week and we thought we’d come by and surprise you. Plus, we wanted to check out the town we’ll be living in come next week.” My mouth practically dropped onto the floor.

well, i'm at school in first period... thinking about two of my best friends... and the dream i had about them the other night.

i really hope you guys like it.

on Jun. 1 2010 at 7:23 am
ofpaintedroses GOLD, Berne, Indiana

"How long is forever?"
"Sometimes just one second."

im not sure if i'll post it but i have more.

HeatherBee BRONZE, I Live In, Texas

Go on and try to tear me down. I will be rising from the ground, like a skyscraper

Love is louder than the pressure to be perfect

awwwww i really really liked it!! it kept me reading:) are u gonna write more??

Kimbla said...
Kimbla, G, Mississippi
stop being afaid and just write!! i mean if you wrote some more then u should just write it and post it. wen u ask what questions do u have...they're are like writing ur story! u mite not get it. just post some more

ofpaintedroses GOLD, Berne, Indiana

"How long is forever?"
"Sometimes just one second."

can you tell me what questions are left??? cause i did write more...im just afraid of putting it on here.

-Kal- GOLD said...
-Kal- GOLD, Carthage, North Carolina

"Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and recieves the impossible"
-Anonymous

This was very well written, not to mention captavating, but it left a lot of questions... Could you write more??? Great job anyways :)

ofpaintedroses GOLD, Berne, Indiana

"How long is forever?"
"Sometimes just one second."

sorry people! i thought it was completely original and it took me so long to come up with a name... 

if you've read the awesome book Honey, Baby, Sweetheart. then i am reaaly sorry.  but the name is the only thing unnoriginal and it was by accident.

I am SO sorry.