Fire Heart9 | Teen Ink

Fire Heart9

By natygrace1217 PLATINUM, Jefferson, Maryland
natygrace1217 PLATINUM, Jefferson, Maryland

trying is failing, doing is succeeding.

Chapter 9: What He Wants

The next morning I opened my eyes, and there he was looking at me. I closed my eyes again and scooted fully onto his chest. “Did you sleep well?” He asked me. I felt his chest vibrate as he spoke.
“I dreamt well.” I said quietly my eyes still closed. “And what did you dream about?” He asked in a curious sweet voice. “I was on the cliff from yesterday. And I was all alone.
And I was crying.” He grunted. “That doesn’t seem so wonderful.” He said in disapproval of my assessment.
“Well I looked around, and when I looked next to me, you where there. I pushed you backwards, and lay on your chest. You said everything you said yesterday. And then we ran into the woods.
We were in a pretty grassy area. You lay down, and I lay on top of you. We were talking and laughing, but I couldn’t hear the conversation. I heard the music you were humming yesterday that put me to sleep.
It was on piano, and it was so magnificent, and beautiful. It was so perfect, but I, I didn’t know who played it. It is unrecognizable. I have never heard it before.”
My voice drifted off. “You liked that?” He asked stunned. “It was…..it was beautiful. It was unexplainable. I have never heard anything like it before. It was like my mind transferred it from your humming into piano.
It was incredible. It was glorious, and stunning. I, I never really thought that music could be so beautiful. It was wonderful and, and, it was so beautiful it was almost painful.
I shivered as I heard it, but I let the comforting music fill me.”
Again my voice trailed. He picked me up, and stood in the middle of the room. “Let’s say we are in that meadow again. And something awful happened because I couldn’t control myself.
Now remember this is possible. What would you do?” I rolled my eyes. “I am not scared of you Drew.”
He laughed a little. “Hmm. Well you will when I make you scared.” He was smiling a new smile. It was sly. He was gently rocking me back and forth during this. My eyes got wide. “You wouldn’t dare!”
I shrieked. He threw his head back and laughed. “Oh but I would!” He threw me on the bed and hovered over me. “Hmmmmm. What part looks best? Most appetizing. Is it….your arm?!”
He picked it up and smelled it. I tried to get up, but he had me pinned. “Let me up I am serious.” I huffed. “Oh and I am not scared of you.” He got closer. “You’re my little prisoner.
Oh and your face is the best part.” He breathed on me, leaving me dazed.
I shook my head. “Please! I ugh…have work to do, school work.” He rolled his eyes. “Sweetheart I checked everything, and you don’t.”
I glared at him. “You’ll be scared of me in time. I haven’t showed you my wolf side yet.” We both laughed and he let me up. I stood up on the bed and bounced my feet a couple times.
I jumped into his arms, and embraced his waist with my legs. He spun in a circle and looked at me. “God, I love you more than life itself.” He leaned close into my face. He pressed his lips against mine.
His lips tingled, and I had my fire sensation back. He leaned onto the bed, me under him. He became stronger, and became over powering. I tried to push him off but he got stronger. He eventually gained control.
“I am so, so sorry Aaralyn.” He whimpered.
“Well you got your wish I am little shaky right now.” My voice shivered. He signaled me to come over, and be next to him.
He embraced me tightly, and got up. He rocked back and forth, and shortly pressed his lips to mine.
He put me down. “Get dressed and I will wait for you outside. I will go get my car, and bring it back here by the time you are dressed. Is your mom at work?” He asked me. I nodded.
“Okay. Hurry up. We have a full day.” He was smiling. “How did you plan all that this morning?” He still smiled. “Oh I didn’t I planned it while you were asleep. I knew you weren’t going to wake up, so I had to do something.
So I planned our day.” I shook my head.
He walked out of the room and waited for me. “Do I need to be formal?” I yelled through the door. “No Sweetheart be comfortable.” I smiled at his tone and shook my head.
I grabbed a pair of gym shorts, and a nice t-shirt that was a nice pink color. I ran out the door, and he was standing there.
He was humming the beautiful tune. I stood there and listened. He turned around and held me in his arms still humming that beautiful tune. He rocked from side to side.
“I, I love you.” I stuttered. I was crying a little bit.
“Sweetheart don’t cry. I love you too and you know how much I love you. Actually you couldn’t ever know how much I love you. More than you could ever know.”
I sniffled. “I know how much I love you.” He laughed. “Sweetheart you have no idea…no idea. Life is perfect again.
Life is perfect. It is brilliant, beautiful. More than you, Sweetheart could ever know.
Sweetheart. I am so here with you. And I am not leaving you. I am here, I love you, I have always loved you, and I always will love you Sweetheart.
Sweetheart I am here.
Don’t cry please. Don’t cry. Please. Sweetheart please. I never thought life would be perfect again, but it is. It has brilliancy, and beauty. Sweetheart I love you more than you could ever know.
I am here, I am staying here. I am never going to love anyone but you. No one in this God forsaken world. Nobody ever can ever compare to you.”
He whispered in my ear.
“You don’t even know.” I whispered. “Honey…Sweetheart I do. I love you more than you can even imagine. I love you so much; I am not even sure how much I love you.
There is more love, but I can’t see it yet. My vision is still somewhat impaired, but every day I can see more and more.”
He was smiling incredibly. It made me cry a little harder to see his face so happy but so concentrated. “You think too much.” I told him laughing. “Well when you have the whole world forever there is a lot to think about.”
He pointed out.
“That’s true I guess. So what are we doing exactly?” I asked sighing. “Well I have to meet some friends at the cliff, and then you will see.” His voice drifted into a distance and he almost whispered at the end. “How is my heart?”
He asked trying to bring up a lighter conversation with less to think about. “Well, I don’t know. But you might need to talk to it. It has been a little too friendly with me.”
I smiled. “Well, it is weak like me, and it obviously can’t stay away from you. But, bad Heart! She is mine, you can’t have her!”
He scolded playfully. “Now, let me tell you, my body is overflowing with love. My body obviously can’t get bigger, so neither can my heart.” He shook his head.
“You know, that’s the funny thing about us humans. As it gains it gets bigger.” I pointed out. “Yeah, if only I could be human. Not for me, for you, for us.” He stared off into a bleak distance with nothing to see.
He looked as if he was souly concentrated on what he was staring at. “What is that supposed to mean?” I asked confused. “It means that I don’t want to be what I am.
It is simple enough. I don’t know why that was such a big deal for you, you already know that. It doesn’t matter anyways nothing is ever going to change now is it?”
He raised his eyebrows as he stared off into the distance just above my head. “I meant about for us and me, and I don’t know what you were talking about.” I shook my head with my eyes closed in confusion.
“I meant that, if I could be human,” He paused shaking his head in deep concentration.
“I could stay away from you. You could find the perfect guy, you could be happy, and in real love, and I know your life would be perfect. I dream about it every day.
What your perfect life would be like. You wouldn’t have me there bothering you, and watching you throw your life away, because I am so selfish, I can’t stay away from you.
Instead of being a good person like I should, I stand there and let you ruin your life, and I just smile.” He shook his head. “I just love you so much that I can’t let anything come in between that.
I obviously am so selfish to just let you do this. But, oh well. I can limitedly protect you from things.” He shook his head. “No Drew, don’t think that. Number one, I have found the right guy.
Number two, I am obviously in real love, and three my life is perfect. I would die without you.” I persuaded truthfully. “Now what does that tell you?” I asked calmly.
“That I need you, more than you need me.” He held my face in his burning and tingling hands that felt like they were melting. He looked truthfully and steadily into my eyes with no disruption.
My eyes began to expand with tears and they got glossier than before. His green eyes sparkled from dryness that he didn’t seem to notice. He pressed his lips against mine and my eyes automatically closed at the feeling of heat in my body.
I stood lifelessly there, stunned at the feeling it gave me. This felt different then all the other times. Then I started to spin and spin in large circles. It felt so beautiful and graceful when his lips moved against mine.
He pulled off slightly and whispered, “Don’t you ever let me go until it’s time.” His lips moved against mine, and it stunned me. I breathed heavily not able to answer.
He pressed his lips against mine again shortly and pulled off. “Can we go now?” He asked impatiently like nothing miraculous had happened just a slight moment before.
I nodded and huffed as I picked my jacket up as I walked out the door.