Kissing In the Rain | Teen Ink

Kissing In the Rain

By unwrittenlove DIAMOND, Mount Berry, Georgia
unwrittenlove DIAMOND, Mount Berry, Georgia

"If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it dosent, then it was never meant to be" -anonymous

“I have always wanted to be kissed in the rain.”

Her statement came back to me, full force. I sat up in my bed and looked towards the window. The soft pitter-patter of little rain drops could be heard outside along with the chirping of birds in that nest right outside my window.

I pushed the long blonde hair out of my eyes and smiled to myself. I could already see her dazzling smile and bright blue eyes. Or were they green? Gray, maybe? I had no clue; they changed with everything she decided to put on.

“Macy,” I said her name aloud, testing it, once again, on my tongue. My lips formed the word and I sighed. The Macy in my head laughed.

“Come on Carson. What are you waiting for?” She mocked me.

“No, I can’t,” I answered back. God, now I was even talking to myself. She did something to me; I can’t explain it, but I know she changed me.

She was always that unattainable girl in school. You know, the one that is so beautiful every guy wants to date her and every girl wants to be her. And, I’m me. Just a forlorn, desperate guy who is interested in origami and art. How a guy like me is friends with a girl like her is beyond my knowledge. But I remember the day we met down to the last second.

Art class; one of my fortes in high school. I had been reading a book on origami, trying to figure out how to create a whale out of a small piece of paper. A dejected-looking seat rested next to me, empty of a student’s body. That’s when the door had opened. A few jocks had let out a low whistle and I rolled my eyes. A girl’s voice was heard talking to Mrs. Baker, our art teacher. They had talked for a moment or two before the clacking of heels neared the empty seat next to me.

I had finally looked up, annoyed that my table had to be shared. I had then found myself gazing into a pair of bright blue eyes. The girl lifted a hand and pushed a lock of her cinnamon hair behind her ear. Her hair was cut into a short bob that stopped at her chin. She smiled at me and set her bag onto the table.

I had cleared my throat and gave her a somewhat smile back. Her grin flickered and she turned to face the teacher. After a few minutes of instructions everyone had already settled back into what we were doing before. My nose had gone back into the book when an object was slid in front of me. My eyes lifted and I stared, dumbstruck, at the little origami whale sitting on my table. A small smile was drawn onto his face and words were written onto the side in a very perky writing, “HI! MY NAME’S MACY!”

“Carson,” I answered looking back at the girl beside me. Macy grinned again and gestured to the whale.

“I saw you reading that and so I made one myself. I know how to make a few different things like a bear and even a dragon. Want me to teach you?” Her voice was high pitched and her words were strung into one long sentence.

“Um, sure,” I answered and handed her another piece of paper. I watched as she started to perform intricate folds into the paper, turning it into a dragon. A smile lit up her face and she gave it to me.

“Thanks,” I said, taking the little creature in my hands.

“Can I stop by your house this afternoon? I can teach you some more and you can teach me some,” she offered. I nodded, speechless. The bell rang overhead, signaling the end of class. “Great. I’ll see you after school.”

With that being said she slipped her bag around her shoulder and walked out of the classroom; her hips swaying to an unknown rhythm.

Snapping back to reality, I slid out of my bed and put on some tennis shoes. I eased pass my parent’s closed bedroom door and to the front door. Once outside I looked down the rows of houses at a little brick house at the end of the street.

I ran on the way there, wanting to see her as soon as possible and stopped underneath one of the closed windows. I threw a pebble and listened as it bounced against the glass. The curtains stirred and her face appeared at the window.

“Come down,” I mouthed to her. She shook her head and opened her window.

“I can’t. My parents are asleep. I’ll get in trouble,” she whispered back. I clasped my hands together and knelt on the grass.

“Please?” I pleaded. She let out a laugh; it was a twinkling sort of laugh, one that you would use when you want to please someone.

“Fine. I’ll be right out,” she muttered, seeing that she had been defeated. The window snapped shut and she disappeared behind the curtain once again. I stepped back into the street, not worrying about any cars that might be out at this time. The street lamps lit up the street and gave off an eerie glow.

The click of the front door echoed against the empty yard and I looked back at the house. She stood with her arms out, palms facing upwards, and her face tilted towards the darkening sky. The rain fell onto her face and arms, making her shimmer with unknown royalty. She flicked her head down and studied me.

“Why are you here?” she wondered aloud. She moved closer to me and I instinctively wrapped an arm around her shoulders. Her head rested on my chest and she let out a sigh.

“To tell you something,” I responded. I sensed her look up at me but I didn’t look back down.

“What is it?” she asked, concern masking her voice.

“Do you remember when we were sitting out on your porch about a week ago? It was about this time at night and Riley had just broken up with you?” I countered her questions with a question of my own.

“Yeah,” she said and smiled at the memory. “I remember.”

It was about the same time as now, only a week ago. We were sitting on her porch, well actually we were on her porch swing. Macy had called me, crying about her break-up with her most recent boyfriend. So I, the ever faithful friend, had come to comfort her; to let her have a shoulder to cry on.

“You know what?” she had asked me after wiping her tears on the sleeve of her jacket. I had looked down and swallowed laughter wanting to spill out of my lips. Her hair was in a wild mane around her face and she had black streaks lining her reddened cheeks.

“What?” I had smiled down at her waiting for some witty response. Her randomness was something that never changed in her personality.

“I have always wanted to be kissed in the rain. You know, like the saying?” She had started to fiddle with a button on her jacket and I saw her cheeks pool with the blood that comes from embarrassment. I had been silent for a minute, contemplating that statement. She was silent too, waiting for my answer.

“Yeah,” I had finally replied. “I have always wanted to do that too.”

“Really? Most people think I’m crazy. Well, most of my boyfriends do anyway.” She had given me a grin and wrapped her long arms around my waist, squeezing gently.

“Carson?” I jolted out from my daydream and glanced at the girl by my side. Her long brown hair was plastered to her cheeks and her face was make-up free. The now stormy gray eyes stared at me with confusion. Her pink lips parted; an invitation.

I hesitated, making sure I was doing the right thing. Then, I pressed my lips to hers tossing out all negative thoughts. She let out a stunned gasp before melting into me. A crash of thunder sounded overhead and the rain poured down harder. I snaked my arms around her waist and she locked hers around my neck. Picking her up, I spun her around; she let out a surprised laugh and tightened her hold on me.

“Did you just kiss me in the rain?” Her voice was breathless. I smiled at the girl in my arms; the girl of my dreams.

“Yeah, and I’m going to do it again,” I told her before pressing my lips to hers once more.

I have always wanted to be kissed like this. So I wrote about my fantasy of being 'kissed in the rain" in the boy's point of view.

mikkigirl2012 SILVER, Tupelo, Mississippi

1.) G.I.R.: CHICKEN! I'm gonna eat you!
2.) G.I.R.: [disguised as a dog] MEOW!
3.) G.I.R.: I'm gonna sing the Doom Song now. G.I.R.: Doom doom doom...
4.) I am who I am no approval needed

So sweet.... =) Love it.... I have this fantasy too and most of my boyfriends have thought the same thing that Macy's have when I told them.... I love how the POV makes it more interesting. 

Alex_Durham GOLD, Vineland, New Jersey

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

awwwwwwwww it made my day

KaylynVictoria SILVER, Breaux Bridge, Louisiana

Always keep your head up so you never have an excuse to look down at yourself(:

so adorable! i loved to read every word of it! great work:)

harrell24 BRONZE, Groesbeck, Texas

"he touched the butt!" nemo :)
1 corinthians 13:13

this was amazing!!! <3 it! :)

Runner242 GOLD said...
Runner242 GOLD, Rochester, New York

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live." - Dumbledore

ahhh the ending was so cutee!! really really liked it! keep it up!

if anyone sees this can they check out my work?

crunchyginger18 GOLD, Lawrence, Kansas

"Life Imitates Art" Lana Del Rey

I adore this! it's so cute!! and this is one of my biggest fantasies, so it made me happy! :) keep writing!

weebnini DIAMOND, San Diego, California

"Done & Over"

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."

"People should be able to say how they feel. How they really feel. Not, you know, some words that some strangers put in their mouth."

awww:) lol "i'm going to do it again" :) :) :) that's cute. actually, i'm feeling like that's an understatement:) IT WAS REALLY REALLY REALLY CUTE:) keep writing~

Summergrl said...
awwww this is really cute- i like it

pinkypromise23 PLATINUM, Cranston, Rhode Island

i know that you believe you understand what you think i said, but im not sure you realize that what you heard is not what i meant.

this was so cute! i really love your writing...ive read a lot of your stuff! great job!

TheSummoningFreak PLATINUM, Lugoff, South Carolina

if you can never let yourself fall you'll never know what it's like to love

love this!!!!!

alibi SILVER said...
alibi SILVER, Corry, Pennsylvania

"I'm always positive, except when I'm not."

awwwww... so cute!!!! i loved it!!!!!

Thanks! :)

sparkofheart GOLD, Plymouth, Minnesota

"Always" - Severus Snape

awww cute! :)