The First Time we Met: Chapter 1 | Teen Ink

The First Time we Met: Chapter 1

By liv16 BRONZE, Coatesville, Pennsylvania
liv16 BRONZE, Coatesville, Pennsylvania

nothings impossible.

Natasha

I remember the first time I saw him. It was our first day of high school, and we were both naïve little fourteen year olds. I was dressed just like all the other girls; plaid skirts, knee socks, brown shoes, and a white polo. I went to a catholic school, so we all looked the same. There was no standing out when it came to what we wore. The only way a girl could show off to the boys was to have the short skirt, but the nuns did not tolerate that. He was that one guy that all the girls liked, that always dated the perfect girl; the blue eyed, blond haired, skinny minny cheerleader captain. Yes, there was a girl like that at my school. Her name was Tiffany, and she was perfect. She was the girl all other girls wanted to be. His name was Danny, and I wanted him to my boyfriend, more than anything I ever wanted before.

I was that average girl. I had a few close friends, but I was not the popular girl at all. I wanted to be though. I thought that maybe if I was the popular girl, then maybe Danny would want me instead of Tiffany, and all her little blond cheerleader friends. So, as I walked into that first day of high school and saw him for the first time, I thought there had to be a way for me to get closer to him. It was not until my first science class when I first got to talk to him.

I walked casually into class that day, and took my seat in the middle of the classroom. I had little theory that if I sat to close to the teacher, people could think I was a “teacher’s pet”, and if I sat in the back of the room, the teacher could think I was a slacker, and not like me at all. My life was complicated, all because I made a huge deal out of everything. I put my books down under my seat and took out my notebook, and began doodling Danny’s all over the first piece of paper. It was then that Danny walked in and quickly brushed his backpack against my chair while getting to his seat that was, right next to mine. I quickly pushed the paper with his name all over it away and tried not to stare. His gorgeous dirty blond hair swooped over his forehead like a halo, and his eyes were a amazing crisp green that it was hard not to stare into them. I wanted him so badly I felt like I had to talk to him.

“Hey, I’m Natasha, do you know who teaches this class, my schedule has it all wrong.” I said, although I knew the teacher perfectly well, my older sister had had her last year. I just needed an excuse to talk to him, just once.

“Hey, I’m Danny, and I think Mrs. Sheets teaches this class.” Danny said with a smile. He was so cute. His teeth were this perfect white, and his lips were a soft pink color.

Biology went by like a blur; all I could think about was those few words Danny said to me earlier. I just had to get more out of him; it was killing me, the pain of wanting to talk to him.
Danny

The first day of school was going by so fast; there was only one thing that helped slow the day down. I walked slowly into that first class, and sat down in my seat, preparing myself to be bored with biology. That is when I saw her for the first time. She had brown highlighted hair, and the most beautiful hazel eyes, with a golden ring around the centers. I know it is strange to feel the way I felt about her right away, but something about her seemed different from all the other girls I had dated before. She leaned over and talked to me. She asked me such a simple question, but I was so afraid to answer it. I didn’t want to say something stupid to make her think I was some sort of retard, but I didn’t want to say so little that she though I wasn’t interested in her question, and didn’t care at all. Why was having a crush on someone so difficult to handle. Why couldn’t it be simple to let that other person know how you feel? I was going to get closer to her if it was the last thing I did. I wish there was something I knew about her that I could use to my advantage to get close to her. Something small would work, like her favorite sport, or her favorite class, or even what classes I was in with her. All I wanted was just a little something to give me a head start to make her mine.

liv16 BRONZE said...
liv16 BRONZE, Coatesville, Pennsylvania

nothings impossible.

I put the nest chapter up, it is pending with the website. Check it out and comment on it!! Thanks

liv16 BRONZE said...
liv16 BRONZE, Coatesville, Pennsylvania

nothings impossible.

Thanks!! I am working on it now!!

TheReader SILVER, Avon, Colorado

"Go for whatever you want, even if your friends aren't backing you up. "

Loved this. Let me know when the second chapter goes up!

liv16 BRONZE said...
liv16 BRONZE, Coatesville, Pennsylvania

nothings impossible.

Thanks soo much!! And definetly i will check it out!!

OfficialApprover PLATINUM, Orefield, Pennsylvania

Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
We cannot change the cards we're dealt just how we play the hand
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
It's pretty easy to be smart when you're parroting smart people
-Randy Pausch

This was very cute, very well-written, love  how you did the two perspectives.  Excellent job.  Keep writing!

Btw, will you check out and comment on my work?