UNSPOKEN LOVE | Teen Ink

UNSPOKEN LOVE

By Jesusandwordsfanatic PLATINUM, Fayetteville, North Carolina
Jesusandwordsfanatic PLATINUM, Fayetteville, North Carolina

Romans 14:8-For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

Speakers 1 and 2 are bowed out behind center right and center left chairs

Spkr 1: (bow in and sit in CR chair-look at year book in a daze and sigh) “Eric. (close book and talk to audience) Erica has got to be the best guy. Great looks, smart, athletic, polite, all of the above! (lean forward) You know how they say that if God says no to one guy whom you think is ‘the one’, it means that he has someone even better for you? If Erica isn’t the one for me then I can’t even imagine how amazing my husband will be. I just wish Erica would realize that we should be together; not for any specific reason.” (bell rings-look around, shrug, and bow out behind the chair)
Spkr 2: (bow in and sit in CL chair-think out loud) “I wonder if Makaila’s noticed me? I’ve been trying to show off my muscles in PE, but only the other guys really notice. I wonder what else I could try? I’d give anything, metaphorically, for her to notice me; her hair is so beautiful. Through her glasses, you can see the sensitive, giggly person she is inside. She may not have the best smile, but her heart is pure. I’m also glad she’s an awesome Christian like me.” (spkr 1-bow in and sit in CR chair. Spkr 2-thinks out loud)
Spkr 2: “Oh no! She’s right next to me! What’ll I do? What if she talks to me? Wait! Aren’t the girls supposed to get nervous and the guys notice the girls?”
Spkr1: “Hi!” (spkr 2-burries head in hands on desk-spkr 1 leaves and spkr 2 watches sadly)
Spkr 2: “My one chance! And I blew it! (smacks head) STUPID!!!! (spkr 2-bows out behind chair-spkr 1-turns around but stays behind chair)
Spkr 1: “I thought for sure he’d say something! He probably thinks I’m annoying and that’s why he buried his face.” (spkr 2-bows in when spkr 1 says ‘something’ reading text book)
Spkr 2: “No, actually I hid my face because…I was embarrassed. You’re not annoying. Sorry I portrayed that.”
Spkr 1: It’s ok. Friends? (They shake-spkr 1-bows out)
Spkr 2: Wait a minute! ………..FRIENDS?!?!?!?!?!?!?! (bow out sadly)

I am in drama at my school and I liked one of my friends who was in it. I had a dream about me writing this and my teacher liking it and she asked me and my friend to do it and he ended up liking me. In real life though we're just friends.