No Matter What Chapter 9 | Teen Ink

No Matter What Chapter 9

By Muziksoul29 PLATINUM, Paris, Tennessee
Muziksoul29 PLATINUM, Paris, Tennessee

Dont ever look to th epast, cause you see things you already know. Look to the future to see things come at you like a fast ball.
-Me:)

My eyes fluttered open and I couldn't remember anything that happened last night. I lifted a fraction of an inch before being brought back down by an iron grip. I looked at my captor and saw only Xander. As slowly as I could I wriggled free of his grasp.
"Xander, wake up." I whispered softly in his ear.
His blue eyes opened and met mine. Suddenly memories were flooding back into my mind, and I remembered every touch, sound, and feeling of the previous night.
"Xander, did you use...protection?"
"Why would I do that? You won't get pregnant." He met my worried gaze. "It was your first time, wasn't it." I nooded my head silently and he groaned. "Why didnt you stop me? You probably werent't ready. I can't believe i was so stupid! GAH!!!!!" He yelled, frustrated. He stormed out of the room leaving me behind to think about his sudden outburst.
I layed back on the feather bed and thought about Jezzi. I was going to be a step mother! I never thought I would say those words, but I did. And Xander had to ruin my happiness by getting mad that he was my first time. Don't most guys love when they take a girl's virginity? He was so mad, and I wonder why.
Suddenly the door clicked open and Xander strode into the room. He said down at the foot of the bed angrily, but his expression turned from anger to sadness when he saw me laying with the covers over me.
"I am so so so sorry Maia. I didn't think about what could happen and I certainly didnt think that I would be your first. I only wish you would forgive me." He sighed and looked at the floor.
I silently sat up and scooted to where he was on the bed, and let my chin rest on his shoulder.
"There was never anything to forgive, Xander. If i didn't want to have sex with you, I would have stopped you. But I was happy. Then you got mad and ruined my mood. Do you know how I felt when you were yelling at me?"
He looked up at me with sorrow filled eyes, "No, but-"
I cut him off, "I felt terrible, like I had done something wrong. You never asked me how I felt about it. The onyl thing I was scared of was being a mom and 17, but now that I think about it, I want a baby. I'm not saying right now, but I will soon, and I want you to be that baby's father. Not my ex-boyfriend, not a guy I meet at a bar, you."
He looked back to the wooden floor and mumbled something unintelligible.
"What?"
"I said, 'why me?'"
"Because you're an amazing guy, and you may not be perfect but you're perfect for me." (collective awwww)
Xander took my hands in his, and kneeled down on the floor. " Well then, Maia Annabelle James, will you marry me?" I placed my finger on my chin as if to think about it and I could feel him tense up.
"Yes." I whispered. Tears ran down my cheeks as he placed a simple band that he had extracted from a black box on my ring finger.
"I love you so much, Maia."
The door burst open and my exboyfriend walked through it.
"Maia, you are coming with me." His cold voice commanded.
"No, I'm staying with my fiancee." I said sternly.
"You need to get away from that monster. He will kill you in a heart beat, considering he doesn't have one." Come to think of it, I have never heard or felt his heart beat.
"Xander isn't the monster, you are." Michael began to run towards me, but Xander punched him just before he got to me.
"Get out of my house or I will be forced to take drastic measures." Xander threatened, and his eyes flashed-RED?!?!?!
"Like what? Kill me like you killed Jayna?" He taunted.
"I never killed her! I never even liked her!" Xander shouted defensively.
"If you didn't like her, then why did you get her pregnant?"
"I never meant to. We were drunk at a party!" Xander screamed.
"And you killed her after she tried to take your precious Jezabelle." Jezzi?
"Xander would never kill anyone. That sounds more like you than him." I shouted from me position on the bed.
"The only things I kill are the monsters like your fiancee."
"As I have said before, XANDER ISN"T A MONSTER!" I screamed as I charged at him.
He dodged my hit and grabbed my hair, pulling me to a stop and making me scream out in pain.
"Show her! Show her the monster you are, or she dies!" He held a knife to my throat as he said it.
Xander paniced for a milisecond, until resolve covered his face. He stood just infront of Michael and me, and did something I never expected. He closed his eyes and his entire body began to shimmer. He opened his eyes and they were a bright red. He smiled at me and I looked at his teeth and nestled where his canines should be, were two fangs.
"You're a vsmpire?" I cried.

Someone told me that life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain. Apparently my storm is just beginning.

billgamesh11 BRONZE, Grafton, Massachusetts

"It's always darkest before the dawn." ~Florence and the Machine

I agree, people keep popping up out of nowhere and I am having trouble following the story... But I still like the idea and i can't wait to read Chapter 10!

Muziksoul29 PLATINUM, Paris, Tennessee

-Me:)

I update as much as i can but since i dont have a computer i cant update very often. I will probably be updating wen school starts back up for me. So it will be very soon.

SocialCollision SILVER, Hampton, Georgia

\"When we\'re taught to love everyone, to love our enemies, What value does that place on love?\" Marilyn Manson

So far i've read all of the chapters to this story. Your writing style is kind of inconsitant. You bring things on in a very "out of the blue" way. People randomly enter the scene with no warning... Over-all i'm hooked on the story:)Please write more!