Dear You- Love Me | Teen Ink

Dear You- Love Me

By gogreen118 GOLD, Lynnwood, Washington
gogreen118 GOLD, Lynnwood, Washington

Dear you,

I want you to know that you are amazing. I want you to know that you are special. I want you to know that you are sweet, and caring, and so very incredible. In my eyes, you are perfect. You can do no wrong, you cannot hurt me, though others may have before. We both have a past, hopefully we both have a future. Whether it be together, or we go our separate ways, may it be a long and successful journey. Your smile brightens my day, however classically cliché that may sound. It’s the truth, and one of many. I could go on, and say that every moment with you gives me another reason to love you, and whenever I see a little message telling me good morning, I know the day is already better. But those are definite clichés, so I won’t say them.

If you read this, I wonder what you’d think. Would you be happy? Shocked? Completely freaked out? There’s only one way to find out. But whether this reaches eyes other than my own is dependent on whatever destiny decides.

The rest of what I want to say is dreadfully typical. Back to the clichés, like I love you, and I think I always will love you. A part of my heart is sealed off as yours, whether you want it to be or not. You had me at the first kiss, and I remember the feeling as clear as day. Hopefully I won’t forget that feeling; ever.

Love,
Me

gogreen118 said...
Actually, Peanut, I  just read your article. May I add, for the first time. It's good by the way. But really, we happened to both use the word cliche, and the titles are similar. If you want to whine about something that isnt true, comment on someone elses article please :).

Danix0 BRONZE said...
Danix0 BRONZE, Lynbrook, New York

"Everything happens for a reason"

My friend(kdancer) told me about your writing. & she was right, it is amazing! job well done :)

savemethewaltz SILVER, Lakewood, Ohio

"I'm never satified unless I'm crossing things off lists"

simple. honest. lovely. I think this is one of my favorite articles I've read on Teen Ink so far. fantastic job!!

MiddleOfAnEgg, Madison, Wisconsin

"Every wall is a door." -R. W. Emerson

I really liked this! It's very cute. Your voice really shows through. :)

kdancer454 SILVER, Lynbrook, New York

As the heart speaks, the pencil dulls.

I personally thought that this was amazing. I think that it was simple but perfect. This wasn't an actual letter obviously, and there wasn't suppose to be a huge story behind it. I absolutely LOVED it, and can relate to it. keep writing!! 

Peanut:) said...
Wow. I posted something on here a while back that was called Dear You, Love Liar and you used a lootttttt of the same ideas I had, but mine had... like... structure. I am not trying to be mean but this seems a bit airy, you potential is definitely there, don't get me wrong, you just need some more practice. And your own ideas ;) But this is better then some of the other crap you find on here. 

sleeplessdreamer PLATINUM, Raleigh, North Carolina

"I have always wanted to write in such a way that people say, 'I have always thought that but never found the words for it.'" -anonymous

Ok, two things: If you going to be cliche, don't tell the reader, especially if you never STOP being cliche. Sometimes it's nice to drown in cheesiness. Don't apologize for it over and over again.

Secondly, there wasn't enough to the letter, there was really no story behind the love. No story behind the couple. While I love simpleness in writing, this is just too simple. It never reached a pinnacle or climax, which letters can definitely do.