If my Heart could Burst chapter.3 | Teen Ink

If my Heart could Burst chapter.3

By xxjasmineibxx GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
xxjasmineibxx GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

3 words that describes life. It goes on. You can never be certain on how life will play out and you just have to wish on a star and hope for the best.

I walked towards it, and I couldn't believe what I saw.

There was a bouqet of flowers on my bed, with a note attached to it. I picked it up and read it in my head, it said, "This is just a sorry for earlier, I really didn't mean it to happen like it did. ~Sincerely, You know who. I sighed, this had to be from Dylan I knew it, Ryan didn't know where I lived...Did he? I plopped on my bed with the flowers in my hands. The roses smelled of slight cologne and the petals were smooth. The color was a vibrant red and the stems of each unique and individual rose was an emerald green. The stems had small thorns on them, so I was careful not to hurt myself. I was entranced and curious by the roses, who sent them?
Just in time to break my thought process my mom called for me from downstairs. I had almost completely forgotten about my dad.

Margaret, and I living together. I felt sick. I knew that Margaret and my dad weren't going to leave so I decided to go downstairs to settle everything. I put the roses in a cup and decided I would get water for them after my "dad" left. I walked downstairs expecting the worse. Margaret had left and it was only my mom and my dad. In fact, I was so apauled at my "dad" I'd rather call him that guy. So it was my mom and that guy standing there in my living room. That guy just should have left along with Margaret. "I'm not moving in with you" I said very calmly.
"I know you don't want to but it'll only be for a week. One week to la casa de tu padre."
"I don't want to go to la casa de tu padre, I wanna stay here with mom, and plus where do you even live now?" La casa de tu padre. Your father's house. My dad sounded different when he spoke Spanish, I thought I spoke it pretty well, fluently.
"I live on the other side of town. It's not like you won't be able to visit or go to school. I would drive you."
"I don't know, da- uhh I mean why can't I just stay here and visit you?" I almost called him dad again. I don't wanna seem soft, I'm tough not a softy, or so I think. "Because I want you to."
"For what?!?!?" I practically yelled in his ear
"Nicole, he's still your father you have to treat him with respect." My mom spoke for the first time I came down.
"Why should I treat him with any respect when he never treated us with such a privilege?! HE walked out on US so why should I be honoring him?!?! I'M LEAVING."
"Nicole! wait!" my mom called out for me desperately.
They couldn't stop me, I ran and didn't know where I was going. My feet hit the hard cement sidewalk. I wanted to be as far away as possible from that guy and my mom.

After running 2 blocks, I stopped and took my phone from my pocket and texted Dylan; Hey Dyl, can you meet me somewhere. You pick the place. Please.- I sent the message.
I felt a tear go down my face and I laughed softly as I remembered what Dylan told me to do when I cried. He said to taste the tears that went down your face because they were like snowflakes on a winter day that fell from your eyes but were warmer. I thought that it made no sense until now. I waited for the tear to fall closer to my mouth, and I stretched my tounge out and tasted it. It tasted sorta...salty? I laughed out loud this time and started walking down the block, still crying. I recieved the text from Dylan about a minute after walking it said;
"Sure Cola, anything for you. How about we meet @ The Ice Box, I'll buy. c u soon."
I laughed at my new nickname, Cola. I haven't been to the Ice Box in forever! It was an icecream parlor near where my old friend lived but moved away, Jillian (or Jill for short). It was walking distance, and wasn't too far. About 3 short blocks away from where I was now. I replied; kk I'm walking right now, I'm 3 blocks away I'll be there in like 5 minutes. C u then.-I sent the message. I was a pretty fast walker so I would probably get there in 3 minutes instead of 5. Dylan lived 3 blocks away from the Ice Box, but in the opposite direction from which I was walking. He was pretty fast too, but not as fast as me. I began to walk slowly, and then quickend my pace. 2 minutes had passed when I got another text from Dylan; Okayy, haha well I'm here and looks like I've beat you "finally" at getting to the place first ;-) And I always thought you were faster.
I laughed again. I was 1 block away and he had beaten me, that never happened. I walked faster and faster when I bumped into Ryan. "Oh sorry." I said not noticing.
"Don't be Nicole, it's fine"
I looked up. "Oh, Ryan it's you." I said with relief
"Yeah, so what's going on?"
"Uh nothing much, gonna meet with someone...What are you doing here?" I really have to go why am I talking?
"I was...Visiting my cousin, Jillian"
"Jillian? I knew a Jillian... Jillian Houghes?"
"Yeah, that's her, she moved back here last week."
"Oh My God awesome, where does she live?"
"you make a right and go down 2 blocks. It's the yellow house."
"Cool, well I've gotta go, my friend, I'm late."
"Oh okay bye." He said dissapointed
"Bye" I said as I walked-almost ran to the ice cream parlor.
I walked into the parlor as the bell rang that hung on the door. I saw Dylan with someone. A girl.

This is chapter 3 to If my Heart could Burst. Please leave comments and enjoy.

xxjasmineibxx GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

Oh my Gosh thank you! You have no idea how happy I am that you like my stories!! I submitted 2 chapters so they may be up in a bit...I'm going to check your work out right now, expect a comment. And just for you I'll keep writing. Thanks!

teenbookworm14 PLATINUM, Plainfield, Connecticut

"Nothing gold can stay" -Robert Frost

i've read all 3 chapters of yours! amazing work, really i totally love it. if it was a book i'd buy it :) comment on my work too please? thanks!!! KEEP WRITING =D