the flower shop. | Teen Ink

the flower shop.

By stephie95 PLATINUM, Tripoli, Other
stephie95 PLATINUM, Tripoli, Other

It is 4:00 pm the doorbell rings, I open it no one is there only a huge basket of red roses, no card, no name.
It is 4:30 pm of the next day, the doorbell rings, I open it no one is there only a huge basket of white roses, no card , no name.
It is 5:00 pm of the next day, the doorbell rings, I open it no one is there only a huge basket of red roses, no card , no name.
It is 5:30 pm of the next day, the doorbell rings, I open it no one is there only a huge basket of white roses, no card , no name… as always…
It is 6:00 pm of the next day , the doorbell rings, I open it no one is there only a huge basket of red roses, no card , no name..
It is 6:30 pm of the next day, I am angry from work, not in the mood for romance, the doorbell rings, not in the mood to open it, not ready to receive a basket of roses. So I do not bother to open the door ,I take a bath and a good night sleep. I wake up the next day, get ready to go out, as I open the door I see a card on the mat , I grabbed the card , it was made out of red roses, I opened it and read it, It said...
"hey, I am sorry if I was bothering you the past few days, but it will be my pleasure if you accepted to go out with me on a date, I'll be waiting for you at 7:00 pm, at your usual restaurant."
Wow, this isn’t happening all these days of red and white roses, ended up to be a date, I didn’t know if I should go, or not, but at 7:00 pm I got ready , wore my heals and went to my usual restaurant , I waited for about an hour but no one came, I stood up, gave up and decided to go home but before I went, I asked the waitress …
"hey, was there any guy waiting alone today at about 6:30 maybe 7:00"
She said "well today no, but yesterday there was a guy, he was kind of cute"
O.M.G …
Yesterday the doorbell was him, he was the one out there, he wrote the note, the date was for tomorrow… oh, I guess I am never meant to be loved…
I went back home, and on my door there was a yellow sticky note, no roses, no baskets, the note said, " hey, it seems you are not a rose person, how about I give you my number , and you call me. Simple, and I'll be waiting for you tomorrow at the same restaurant. My number is………"
I smiled and realized that love is back, and it'll never be gone….