You Fall in Love, You Fall on Your Face. | Teen Ink

You Fall in Love, You Fall on Your Face.

November 1, 2010
By FreakShow818 PLATINUM, Longmont, Colorado
FreakShow818 PLATINUM, Longmont, Colorado
23 articles 15 photos 33 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Never Let The Fear OF Striking Out Keep You From Playing The Game."


When it comes down to the break up, the demolition of your heart and your soul, sometimes you feel like you can't move on, like you can't breathe.
Then, you look at the other person, and they're walking on air, like nothing's wrong, like nothing happened.
Does that mean that they don't care? That they don't want you anymore anyway, and never did, or are they just a better actor than you?
You fall in love, you fall on your face. You crash, you burn. How do you get back up after that?
You thought the relationship was perfection. Those walks in the park, those late night phone calls, the drives in his car. Did those memories not leave an imprint in his head?
Was he ever cut up from you?
Were you just his toy?
Were you just a page inside his spiral notebook, just as Breaking Benjamin told you?
Then, you think that maybe you're just getting ahead of yourself. Jumping to conclusions, "assuming", as he loved to put it.
How do you learn to cope with heartache, with seeing him every day and still having your heart skip a beat?
You could talk to him.
You could go on drives and roll the windows down and scream and cry and try to pull the knife from your chest.
Or, you could forget.
Move on with your life, because it will be a long one. Full of sunsets, family gatherings, laughs and advice, good books and romanticized thoughts, and be happy.


The author's comments:
I wasn't sure how to end it. I was reading another piece and this just began to come to me.