My Heart | Teen Ink

My Heart

By dramaticgirl16 GOLD, New Gloucester, ME, Maine
dramaticgirl16 GOLD, New Gloucester, ME, Maine

You know that you are in love when the hardest thing to do is say good-bye!!

I awake from my deep slumber, hoping, wishing, praying that the events of yesterdays past are a figment of my imagination, a dream. Throwing the silk sheets off of me I attempt to walk gracefully to my silver mirror on the other side of the empty box of air I call my room, but stagger instead. However I still manage to reach the glassy, clear, oval shaped mirror and one glance tells me that the events that I had so regretted, have indeed occurred. My usually bright, glinting baby blue eyes are a dark midnight blue and puffy from crying. The blonde silky straight hair that I once had, has been replaced with tangles and snarls similar to branches of a tree and my cheeks are stained with muddy streaks from my make-up. Seeing my reflection all the memories come rushing back overwhelming me, and sending more salty tears down my face. I crouch down into a corner curling up in to a ball letting it all out not glancing up once except to look at the clock sitting on a shelf next to my bathtub. Thats when the sense of delirium starts, when I see him. My boyfriend, my dead boyfriend standing in my doorway look down at me with a pain stricken face. He speaks, “its not your fault, I didn't die because of you and don't let anyone tell you that. And remember I will always love you” He fades away into oblivion ,into nothingness, into the light. And even though I can't see him any more, feel his gentle touch, he will always remain in my heart.