Torn up Paper | Teen Ink

Torn up Paper

By writerinfinity PLATINUM, Arlington, Texas
writerinfinity PLATINUM, Arlington, Texas

I zipped up my satin, white dress and admired my reflection in the mirror. You would be here to pick me up in half an hour. I had done my hair in nice, soft curls. My makeup was done, and my lips were glossed with a soft, pink shine. I sat down on the edge of my bed and finished strapping my white heels on. I smoothed my dress, nervous. Tonight was going to be perfect, I just couldn't’t wait. I watched the minutes tick by slowly. At 6:30, I anxiously awaited you to ring my doorbell. At 6:45, I waited for you also. I waited for you until 7. You didn’t show up.
Choking back tears, I walked outside to my families courtyard. There was a little archway with a bench underneath it. Wiping my tears with the back of my hand, I walked over. I sat down on the bench and unstrapped my shoes. I angrily tossed my shoes across the yard, and I slumped back against the archwall. I picked my feet up off the ground, and put them back down. I felt the soft, green grass squish between my toes.
I shrugged off all my feelings about you. I suddenly heard your voice calling from the lower ground. There was a folded peice of paper that I had tucked inside my shoes, I had planned to give it to you. I tore it up in 3 peices, and then tossed it down at you.
Three peices of paper littered my yard.

I------Love--------You

shedevil said...
shedevil, Spotsylvania, Virginia
I wish it could have been longer, but i liked it (: