A Winter Can Change A Lot: Chapter 2 | Teen Ink

A Winter Can Change A Lot: Chapter 2

By emmernemmer PLATINUM, Stockton, California
emmernemmer PLATINUM, Stockton, California

"the pen is mightier than the sword"

Chapter 2

My room is in the attic (well is the attic). It has a twin bed, a dresser with a dark stain, a bookcase (the same as the dresser stain wise), and a desk. It has a bay window on one side with a window seat. it was simple but nice. I began to unpack.
No sooner had I finished unpacking did Lizzie come up the stairs and sat on my bed.
"Hey." She said.
"Hi." I replied.

"So... Are you going to give Josh a chance? For once?"

Did I mention my mom, Jennifer, and Lizzie are trying to set Josh and I up even if we hate each other? Well they are. Its insane. Anyone in their right mind would realize Josh and I hate each other! Besides, he’s not even cute! His eyes are too green, his hair too dark, his height, too boy-next-door, and his humor, too him. He’s too much but too little. So shouldn’t I hate him? He’s obnoxious, rude, a flirt, and he doesn’t understand why I don’t fall for his so called “charm”. He’s a narcissistic freak. Its repulsive.

Why am I telling you so much about him? Like you even care. I’ll tell you about everyone else instead.

Lizzie, his sister, is 2 years older than us, she’s 18. She has blue eyes and dirty blond hair. She’s nice enough to me, besides of course that she’s playing matchmaker. She is soon leaving in the fall to go to Ohio State (why Ohio, I don’t know). Well I just realized something, I’M SUPPOSED TO BE TALKING TO LIZZIE!!!! So I began to answer her question,

“Nope, he’s repulsive and narcissistic.”

“Awww, please?” She had a pleading look.

“Nope. Bye, bye.” She smiled and left the room. She’s insane.

Well now I must tell you about the parents.

Jennifer and Dave are good friends of my mother’s. Well... My mom as a lot of friends. She’s the social butterfly of the world. They’re nice and all but the only problem is that they produced my arch-nemesis. AND they and the rest of the world think I should BE with him. Like date BE. Its weird. Don’t they realize they’ll be starting World War III? Seriously, everyone will be better off without us dating.

About an hour later, I headed downstairs. All the adults were sitting at the kitchen table and Lizzie was lying on the couch talking loudly. Thankfully, Josh was nowhere to be found. Lizzie ingored me and the adults just said,
“We’re eating in about an hour.” Then my mom added, “Josh is on the deck if you want to hang out with him.” I made a face and went to the study/library to find something to read. The study was covered wall to wall with books. I swear there were more than 500.
I found Jane Austen’s Sense and Sensibility and sat in one of the old leather chairs hoping I would not be interrupted.