My Sanctuary | Teen Ink

My Sanctuary

May 28, 2011
By smilesunshine PLATINUM, Puyallup, Washington
smilesunshine PLATINUM, Puyallup, Washington
34 articles 4 photos 61 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If you're lucky enough to be different from everyone else, don't change to be the same." ~Taylor Swift


I took his hand and looked deeply into his brown eyes. I smiled, “I want to show you something,” I said giggling lightly.

Beckett raised his eyebrows. “What is it?”

“My sanctuary.”

“Which is…?”

“It’s outside.” I opened the sliding glass door, Layne trotted outside, her tail up like a flag and sniffing the grass with pleasure.

Hand in hand, Beckett and I walked to the garden. “This is like my little slice of Heaven. It’s my Heaven on earth.” I motioned around at the canopy of trees, the sing, the porch swing, the flowers, the bird feeders, and the welcome signs.

“It’s pretty.”

“Thanks, I come here all the time. I come here to think, to dream, to find peace, to be with friends, for happiness, or just to notice the beauty in life once again.” I began to feel tiny rain drops falling.

“Those are all fantastic reasons.”

“Yeah,” I said suddenly feeling much closer to Beckett, not physically, but emotionally.

“Thanks for sharing your piece of Heaven with me.” The wind blew, making my hair go in my face again. Becket moved my hair back as though it was something he didn’t even have to think about doing.

I smiled, knowing something special was going to happen. The butterflies were fluttering intensely, and I was getting warm and fuzzy inside like never before. The rain was getting heavier.

“Tawny, do you trust me?” Beckett murmured.

“Yes,” I whispered.

Both of our eyes closed, allowing us into a world all to our own. A world where we were standing in my garden, hidden by the green trees, moss, pink, yellow, purple and red flowers, and wrapped around us was the smell of crisp new autumn with the rain. I felt one of Beckett’s hands on my cheek and the other on my waist. I had my hands at the small of his back. His lips gently touched mine, and we kissed. Once, twice, three times. Each kiss ignited even more sparks. Sparks that could eventually start a fire.

We pulled away both at the same time after the third kiss. We both we smiling in approval of what just happened. My hair was becoming slightly flat from the rain, and so were Beckett’s curls.

I looked up to the sky, which was getting dark. “Let’s go inside, Beck.”

“Good plan.” He chuckled as the rain continuously grew heavier.

With our hands intertwined we ran across the back lawn to the house. Layne followed as we took refuge from the rain. And now my sanctuary kept yet another memory of mine; one that I knew I would replay for quite some time.


The author's comments:
This is an excerpt from a story I am currently working on. I really like this part. I think it is very cute and sweet. This is Tawny's and Beckett's first kiss together. I want a first kiss to happen like this. :) Enjoy:)